Classic music and movies to make your day bright and your life happy. Enjoy!
All Your Favorite Classic Old Doordarshan Shows
Do you remember the old Doordarshan (DD) shows that you watched so affectionately? Those days were special and will not be forgotten. This article is all about 101 of the greatest Old Doordarshan (DD) shows of the past.
The magic that these DD shows had can't be replaced. You may think that they are gone and lost forever, but they can still be found on the internet, if you know where to look. We can experience many of the great old Doordarshan classics as they are uploaded online. Some even have their home video DVDs, so you can enjoy your old DD favorites anytie, anywhere.
Serials like Alif Laila, Malgudi Days, and Shrimaan Shrimati are especially close to my heart. Many others like Surabhi, Bharat Ek Khoj, Mahabharat were highly informative. And several others were extraordinarily entertaining. Doordarshan really had something for everyone.
So, let's have a recap of the best classic Doordarshan serials of the 80's and 90's.
1| Alif Laila (1997 - 2002)
- Lead: Shahnawaz Pradhan, Seema Kanwal
- Episodes: 260
- Directed by: Anand Sagar, Prem Sagar, Moti Sagar
- Description: The hit series where Shah Nawaz played the lead character excellently.
- Why do I remember this: The storyline of this was magical. There was always a feeling of wanting more when an episode ended. Of course, the opening song was marvelous. A true DD classic.
2| Buniyaad (1986)
- Lead: Alok Nath
- Episodes: 105
- Directed by: Ramesh Sippy and Jyoti Sarup
- Description: Buniyaad went on to become a hugely popular serial which showcased the life of a common man after India's partition and its aftereffects. Alok Nath was selected for the prime role of a freedom fighter. Some other known faces are Dilip Tahil, Goga Kapoor, and Soni Razdan.
- Why do I remember this: I saw this when Buniyaad was re-aired after its initial successful run. And I'm glad I saw it. Master Haveliram's simpleton life entangled with tragedy connected viewers in many ways.
3| Byomkesh Bakshi (1993)
- Lead: Rajit Kapur, KK Raina, Sukanya Kumar
- Episodes: 34
- Directed by: Basu Chatterjee
- Description: The crime detection series based on the novel written by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. The show still has a cult following in which Rajit Kapur played the lead role. Well crafted episodes with attention to every detail make this one a treat to watch.
- Why do I remember this: I've always liked suspense thrillers. I don't remember any other crime detection serial which is liked by one and all. More recently, CID tried doing the same for which it was successful only for the initial years. Of late, it is turning into more of a comedy.
4| Bharat Ek Khoj (1988)
- Lead: Om Puri, Roshan Seth, Tom Alter and many others.
- Episodes: 53
- Directed by: Shyam Benegal
- Description: Shyam Benegal's direction brought forward to us the history of India. The series has altogether 53 episodes showcasing the story of caste formation, Ramayan, Emperor Ashoka, Kalidas, Akbar - The Great, and many more. The vivid and simplistic approach to showcase India's history is impressive.
- Why do I remember this: This is the best history lesson you or your child can get. Even to the point, our school teachers used to advise us to watch this for a better understanding of India's history.
5| Chandrakanta (1994 - 1996)
- Lead: Shahbaaz Khan, Shikha Swaroop
- Episodes: 130
- Directed by: Nirja Guleri
- Description: This was based on the novel written by the same name. Though, this ran into controversy as the book writer's grandson accused them of misrepresenting concepts. Only after the Supreme Court's order, the show was reinstated. A real break for Doordarshan fans!
- Why do I remember this: Because of the title song is sung by Sonu Nigam. Of course, we were small to know that it has been sung by Sonu Nigam. But the title song was really great which goes like this.....so sing along...
Chandrakanta Ki Kahani,
Yeh Mana Hai Purani,
Yeh Purani Hokar Bhi,
Badi Lagti Hai Suhani,
Lohgad Vijaygad Mein Thi Takraar,
Lohgad Ka Tha Jo Rajkumar,
Chandrakanta Se Karta Tha Pyar (2).
Listen It Now
6| Circus (1989)
- Lead: SRK, Renuka Shahane, Sameer Khakhar
- Episodes: 19
- Directed by: Aziz Mirza & Kundan Shah
- Description: Enter Shahrukh Khan. Shahrukh played the lead role of Raghavan, a Malayalee circus artist. Other actors who went on to make a name for themselves after this are Renuka Sahane (love-interest of Shahrukh), and Ashutosh Gowarikar (SRK's friend?).
- Why do I remember this: It was later in the years, that SRK had become King Khan of Bollywood. Many discussions on SRK started or ended praising his humble roots and how he is a self-made man who started with serials like circus etc.
Watch An Episode of Circus
7| Chanakya: An Epic Saga (1991 - 1992)
- Lead: Chandraprakash Dwivedi
- Episodes: 47
- Directed by: Chandraprakash Dwivedi
- Description: This series is based on the eminent thinker, teacher, philosopher of the 4th century. Apart from that Chanakya was one of the earliest political thinkers and served as the chief adviser of emperor Chandragupta Maurya. This epic serial has had the honor of getting many international awards. A total of 47 episodes was aired in 1991 on a weekly basis.
- Why do I remember this: The master strategist that Chanakya was and his teachings can be used even in the 21st century. Therefore, after long completing its run and re-run, you could see many people with the book Chanakya Neeti.
8| Dekh Bhai Dekh (1993 - 1994)
- Lead: Shekhar Suman, Farida Jalal, Navin Nischol etc.
- Episodes: 66
- Directed by: Anand Mahendroo
- Description: The complete family drama-comedy show which will definitely put a smile on your face - and that's guaranteed. Diwan family was indeed deewani.
- Why do I remember this: Is Rang Badalti Duniya Mein...Kya Tera Hai Kya Mera...Dekh Bhai Dekh. I remember the character of Shekhar Suman where he used to recite his dialogue non-stop, the character of Gareema played by Deven Bhojani, and will you ever forget the short man Lilliput? And do you remember the credits at the start showing Jaya Bachchan's name zooming in the front? A Doordarshan classic!
Dekh Bhai Dekh - Episode 1
9| DuckTales (1990)
- Lead: To me, every character is the lead.
- Episodes: 100
- Directed by: Jymn Magon
- Description: The popular cartoon series was imported from the USA and did very well in India and many other countries.
- Why do I remember this: It feels so amazing to watch this again. If I remember properly, it was shown in the evening between 6.30 to 7.00. Running from school just to watch Uncle Scrooge in his quest for accumulating more wealth was amazing. The adventures of Uncle Scrooge, his amazingly intelligent nephews - Huey, Dewey, and Louie, with Launchpad are being remembered with great admiration and fondness. If you remember classic Doordarshan comedies, then you must remember these!
10| Flop Show (1991)
- Lead: Jaspal Bhatti, Vivek Shouk
- Episodes: 10
- Directed by: Jaspal Bhatti
- Description: The only 'misdirected' show in Indian history. The series only had 10 episodes which seamlessly made fun around the life of the middle-class Indian.
- Why do I remember this: The reason for me, like you, is Jaspal Bhatti. Without a doubt, this is Jaspal Bhatti's most remembered show.
11| Fauji (1989)
- Lead: SRK, Vikram Kapoor, Amina Shervani
- Episodes: 13
- Directed by: R.K. Kapoor
- Description: Shahrukh Khan shot to fame after this serial happened. Still being remembered by many people for the role of Abhimanyu Rai. Great emotions, acting, writing, and direction.
- Why do I remember this: Another one of SRK which is often mentioned in his interviews of the early 2000s. I am no critic of SRK, but it is hard for me to understand why he doesn't do films such as this.
12| Hum Log (1984)
- Lead: Vinod Nagpal, Jayshree Arora, Seema Bhargav
- Episodes: 154
- Directed by: P. Kumar Vasudev
- Description: When this started it became a huge hit and also went on to run for a long time. A total of 156 episodes were shown which was pretty historic even by international standards at that time.
- Why do I remember this: The character of Majhli is my favorite. The best social drama depicting the life and times of middle-class of the eighties.
13| Karamchand (1985 - 1989)
- Lead: Pankaj Kapur, Sushmita Mukherjee
- Episodes: 72
- Directed by: Pankaj Parashar.
- Description: The much-loved series couldn't entertain the audience much when it came up with a sequence in 2007 which was aired on Sony. Of course, original is indeed original.
- Why do I remember this: The ever famous munching of the carrot, his funny assistant, and the dialogue "Shut up Kitty".
14| Mr. Yogi (1988)
- Lead: Mohan Gokhale, Pallavi Joshi, Om Puri
- Episodes: 12
- Directed by: Ketan Mehta
- Description: The show which had an NRI American trying to search a well-cultured bride in India. He goes on to see 12 girls each belonging to a different Rashi. Funny yet thought-provoking. This was narrated by Om Puri in his unique style.
- Why do I remember this: I only recently watched this on YouTube and it was funny. This tries to shed light on the customs and practices that take place in Indian marriages. I can understand the impact it would have created at the time of its release.
15| Mahabharat (1988 - 1990)
- Lead: Gajendra Chouhan, Nitish Bharadwaj, Mukesh Khanna
- Episodes: 94
- Directed by: Ravi Chopra
- Description: The story of the biggest war according to Hindi scriptures was shown in much detail. Many actors went on to make a successful career after this.
- Why do I remember this: The song at the start is awesome by the vocals of Mahendra Kapoor. The grandeur, though, might not excite when compared to today's special effects. Nevertheless, this made audiences hooked onto their seats every Sunday morning. This taught so much to the audience about Indian mythology.
16| Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne (1989 - 1990)
- Lead: Raghubir Yadav
- Episodes: 52
- Directed by: Prakash Jha
- Description: Raghubir Yadav, a common man who gets to hear bad from every other person. But Mungerilal has a viable way to get around this - by daydreaming.
- Why do I remember this: This has given many people a new phrase to scold daydreamers. Often times, as Mungerilal Uth, Sapne Se bahar aa (Mungerilal, wake up from your dreams)
17| Mowgli - The Jungle Book (1989 - 1990)
- Lead: Of course Mowgli!
- Episodes: 52
- Directed by: Fumio Kurokawa
- Description: The fascinating story of Mowgli and Sharekhan. The best part of this was the continuing script, unlike other animated series.
- Why do I remember this: As I was writing this my mom reminds me "You used to be mad about Mowgli". And tell me who hasn't recited the famous lines: "Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai Pata Chala Hai.....Chaddi Pahenge Phool Khila Hai Phool Khila Hai". The title song is composed by Vishal Bharadwaj, lyrics by Gulzar and the singer is Amol Sahdev (Photo Link)
18| Malgudi Days (1986)
- Lead: Shankar Nag, Manjunath, and many others.
- Episodes: 54
- Directed by: Shankar Nag
- Description: This is based on the book by R.K. Narayan which he wrote in a long span of 20 years.
- Why do I remember this: Do you remember Swami and Friends? My views on Malgudi days is that it is the greatest T.V series ever in India. Goosebumps on watching this.
A truly great story and is a must for every human being.
— TheGuardian.com on Malgudi Days
Awesome Is the Word
Malgudi Days - Episode 1 - Swamy And Friends
19| Nukkad (1986 - 1987)
- Lead: Dilip Dhawan, Avtar Gill, Sameer Khakar
- Episodes: 100
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: This tried showing the story of a neighborhood which was more or less similar to every metro city.
- Why do I remember this: The mere mention of the name Nukkad brings forward the image of Guru (Dilip Dhawan), Kadar Bhai (Avtaar Gill), and Khopdi (Sameer Khakkar).
20| Potli Baba Ki Kahani (1991)
- Lead: Potli Baba
- Episodes: 20
- Directed by: Sanjit Ghosh
- Description: Fairy tales which had a relevant social message. Gulzar penned this series and is now also available as a book which will be fun to read for kids.
- Why do I remember this: The title song "Aya Re Baba, Aya Aya"
This Was So Frustrating
21| Padosan (1995)
- Lead: Jatin Kanakia and his home furniture.
- Episodes: 99
- Directed by: Kapil Kapoor
- Description: The story of a large and extended family living close to each other. Then one fine day, a heroine comes as a neighbor, and the comedy ensues.
- Why do I remember this: A serial which is etched in my mind because of Jatin Kanakia's unusual conversation with furniture around his home. Whenever I see Jatin Kanakia it brings a smile on my face.
22| Ramayan (1987 - 1988)
- Lead: Arun Govil
- Episodes: 78
- Directed by: Ramanand Sagar
- Description: Bow your head down to take blessings of Lord Ram. The best way to watch this is to get the complete DVD set as videos are not uploaded on YouTube or any other site.
- Why do I remember this: Without this, how would many people like me ever know the story of Lord Ram, I wonder.
23| Raja Aur Rancho (1997 - 1998)
- Lead: Ved Thapar and Rancho
- Episodes: 103
- Directed by: Murli Nalappa
- Description: Another crime detection series where a monkey played the role of an assistant.
- Why do I remember this: This was also fun to watch. Rancho amazed all of us, isn't it? The good news is that all the episodes have been uploaded by Ultra Hindi on Youtube.
24. Space City Sigma (1989)
- Lead: Krishan Kant, Savita Bhatia, Mita Vashisht
- Episodes: Unknown
- Directed by: Ashok Talwar
- Description: India's first ever sci-fi series.
- Why do I remember this: Yes, it was the first of its kind. As well, Savita looks so cute. Where is she now, no one knows.
25| Shri Krishna (1996)
- Lead: Swapnil Joshi
- Episodes: 221
- Directed by: Ramanand Sagar
- Description: Hugely popular mythological serial on Lord Krishna.
- Why do I remember this: Another series which was impressive and informative.
26| Shrimaan Shrimati (1994)
- Lead: Jatin Kanakia, Reema Lagoo, Archana Puran Singh, Rakesh Bedi
- Episodes: 143
- Directed by: Rajan Waghmare
- Description: A small-time heroine comes to stay as a neighbor much like the serial Padosan. Both Shrimaan Shrimati and Padosan are products of Balaji Telefilms.
- Why do I remember this: My favorite comedy show of all time. I have watched all the episodes and I recommend you should as well in your dinner time. Jatin Kanakia was a gem.....R.I.P.
27| Shaktimaan (1997 - 2005)
- Lead: Mukesh Khanna
- Episodes: 520
- Directed by: Dinkar Jani
- Description: The superhero that so man children liked. Shaktimaan started when other T.V channels had forayed in the Indian Market.
- Why I remember this: You might not like but I didn't have much fun watching it. May be because I had grown-up by the time this happened, and it seemed childish to me.
28| Surabhi (1990 - 2001)
- Lead: Siddharth Kak, Renuka Shahane
- Episodes: 415
- Directed by: Abhilash Bhattacharya
- Description: This became a popular cultural show with a positive impact on society. Has the prized distinction of being the longest-running cultural show as well featured its name in Limca Book of Records for getting more than 10 lakh letters in a single week.
- Why I remember this: This was in the news when they entered Limca Book of Records.
29| Shanti - Ek Aurat Ki Kahani (1994)
- Lead: Mandira Bedi
- Episodes: Unknown
- Directed by: Adi Pocha
- Description: Mandira Bedi made her debut in the industry with this dark reality-based serial. She plays the character of Shanti the lead actor who aspires to be a journalist. And boy see the stark differences of her looks now. She definitely looks much bolder and I must say she carries it incredibly well.
- Why I remember this: All because of Mandira Bedi. She went on to do many more serials and movies after Shanti. The transformation she had after the 2003 Cricket World Cup is impressive.
30| Tu Tu Main Main (1996)
- Lead: Reema Lagoo, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Mahesh Thakur
- Episodes: 169
- Directed by: Sachin Pilgaonkar
- Description: Pun on Saas-Bahu relationship.
- Why I remember this: The unique way of telling "Action" before the start of the episode is one thing I recall which was quite distinctive. The camaraderie and sweet little arguments between the lead actors were awesome. Reema Lagoo and Supriya Pilgaonkar have some great fun irritating each other. Where is all the love lost between the Saas-Bahu? (I'm talking about the recent shows)
31| Tenali Rama (1990)
- Lead: Vijay Kashyap, Anant Desai, Sandhya Sudhakar
- Episodes: 12
- Directed by: T.S. Nagabharana
- Description: The on-screen adaptation of Tenali Raman stories.
- Why I remember this: I had read the book as well so watching this was good.
32| Udaan (1989 - 1991)
- Lead: Kavita Chaudhary, Shekhar Kapur, Vikram Gokhale
- Episodes: 30
- Directed by: Kavita Chaudhary
- Description: The story of a woman who beats all odds and hardships to become an IPS officer. So insightful, apt, and still relevant today.
- Why do I remember this: The strong-willed character portrayed by Kavita Chaudhary.
33| Vikram Betal (1985)
- Lead: Arun Gohil, Sajjan
- Episodes: 26
- Directed by: Prem Sagar
- Description: Brought to life stories that were written nearly 2500 years ago. The story of King Vikramaditya and Vetal. Each story was narrated by Beetal to the king which ended with a question that the king answered correctly.
- Why do I remember this: There are internet memes still being created on this one.
34| Wagle Ki Duniya (1988 - 1990)
- Lead: Anjan Srivastav
- Episodes: 104
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: Anjan Srivastav's most remembered series of all time. An adaptation of R.K Laxman's famous cartoon series Common Man.
- Why do I remember this: A script showing struggles of a common man.
35| Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984)
- Lead: Shafi Inamdar, Swaroop Sampath, Rakesh Bedi, Satish Shah
- Episodes: 67
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: This is a complete family entertainer.
- Why do I remember this: Comedy is my preferred genre, so how can I miss mentioning this mild slap-stick kind?
36| Zabaan Sambhalke (1993 - 1994)
- Lead: Pankaj Kapur
- Episodes: 106
- Directed by: Rajiv Mehra
- Description: The story of Mohan Bharti who is booted from his job as an engineer. To make ends meet he teaches how to speak Hindi at a local institute. However, he gets frustrated by his students who don't even follow simple lessons.
- Why I remember this: Even the second season was great as it largely had the same cast and crew.
37| Zu Mountain Saga - Aired on Home TV (1997 - 1998)
- Lead: Ekin Cheng, Adia Chan
- Episodes: 40
- Directed by: Unknown
- Description: Originally made in the Chinese was dubbed in Hindi for the Indian audience. This was a mix of sci-fi, magic, and a love story.
- Why I remember this: The was one of my most loved shows while growing up. I'm sure you too are a fan of Rocky, Yinglam and do remember Aadamkhor, Kala Jadudar, Shaitaini Haath. Unfortunately, the CD/DVD is not released.
More Classic Doordarshan Serials That You Will Like
Air Hostess - Kitu Gidwani
Phir Wahi Talash - Poonam Sarin
Captain Vyom - Milind Soman, Tom Alter
Chunauti - Suchitra Krishnamurthy
Indradhanush - Urmila Matondkar, Karan Johar
Jai Hanuman - Raj Premi
Kahan Gaye Woh Log - Dheeraj Kumar
Katha Sagar - Sharmila Tagore, Shammi Kapoor, Om Puri, Utpal Dutt
Luv Kush - Arun Govil, Swapnil Joshi
Mirza Ghalib - Naseerudin Shah
Farmaan - Kawaljit Singh
Neem Ka Ped - Pankaj Kapoor
Rajani - Priya Tendulkar
Subah - Salim Ghouse
Swabhimaan - Kitu Gidwani
Talaash - Alok Nath, Moushumi Chatterjee
Tamas - Om Puri, Amrish Puri
Tehkikaat - Vijay Anand
The Stone Boy
The Sword of Tipu Sultan - Sanjay Khan
Phatichar - Pankaj Kapur
Alice in wonderland
Kacchi Dhoop - Bhagyashree
Chip n Dale : Rescue Rangers
He-man and the Masters of Universe
Daane Anar Ke - Neena Gupta
Idhar Udhar - Ravi Baswani, Rachana Pathak, Supriya Pathak
Bible Ki Kahaniya
Aur Bhi Gham Hain Zamane Mein
The Great Maratha - Irrfan Khan
Kashish - Sudesh Berry, Malvika Tiwari
Om Namah Shivay
Sea hawks - Anup Soni
Katha Sagar - Sharmila Tagore, Shammi Kapoor
Kile Ka Rahasya
Ajnabi - Danny Denzongpa, Annu Kapoor
Junoon - Mangal Dhillon, Archana Puran Singh, Kitu Gidwani
Earth Matters - Host Mike Pandey (Educational Program)
Doosra Keval - Shah Rukh Khan
Yeh Duniya Ghazab Ki - Rakesh Bedi
Gul Gulshan Gulfaam - Parikshit Sahni, Kunal Khemu
Kakaji Kahin - Om Puri
Banegi Apni Baat - Madhavan
Shrikant - Farooq Sheikh
Yug - Javed Khan, Sudesh Berry
Param Vir Chakra - Puneet Iswar, Kanwaljit Singh
Suraag - The Clue
Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan - First Indian Talkshow
Chunauti - Suchitra Krishnamoorti, Ali Asgar
Intezaar - Rajendra Gupta
Reporter - Shekhar Suman
Phoolwanti - Archana Joglekar
Thank You Doordarshan
I Hope You Liked Remembering These Classic Doordarshan Shows
This article strolled down memory lane to remember all about 101 of the greatest classic Doordarshan (DD) shows. I loved these magical shows, and I hope you did too. Now why not spend some time online finding the great old Doordarshan classic serials of the 80s' and 90s'.
Please Come See My Other Articles!
- Top 30+ Bollywood Indian Comedy Movies of All Time
A list of the top 30 best Hindi comedy movies of all time, from Padosan to latest best hindi comedy movies.
- Top 100 Hindi Songs of 1960s
Find the list of best Hindi songs from the decade of 1960-1969.
- Top 10 Largest Universities in India
Which is the largest university of India? Here you will find the 10 largest universities in India according to student population and campus size.
- 20 of the Funniest Old Hindi Songs
Learn about 20 of the best funny Hindi songs from yesteryear.
- 101 Classic Old Doordarshan Serials You Grew up on (1980s - 1990s)
List of best old and popular Doordarshan (DD) serials. Article dedicated to pre-1990s Indian TV shows that you enjoyed in your childhood. This is a massive list with some videos for you to enjoy.
© 2014 Aarav
Naveen Gupta on September 10, 2020:
Can you help me with information or link about these two serials:
1. Bibi Natiyo waali
2. There was a comedy serial with a character in it called Champak lal or Champat Lal.
3. A serial with song "dher shikayatein shahar ki yaaron"
Nitin on September 08, 2020:
I want search looking beyond traval siriyal tital track but not found
KPARahman on September 06, 2020:
Serials like Guldastha and Lohit kinare were awesome.Can it available online?.
anubhaw singh on August 25, 2020:
Does any one know the name of horror show in which a girl keeps give new adress guy named tom .. टॉम मेरा नया पता
Anil kumar on August 21, 2020:
Please upload old dd seriel, Humrahi
keshav on July 23, 2020:
Mitti Ke Raang
swarup on July 22, 2020:
Fauji was in early 1988, not 89
Divya on July 20, 2020:
I would like to see old caartoons of dd national
S K JOSHI on July 15, 2020:
i want know ..can you provide are available DARPAN serials episodes ..
most true and inspirational stories.
Sumanta pal on July 13, 2020:
I am miss all serial if it possible all serial come on dd national. Then t go to my childhood. Iot of national chanel.
Aamir on June 05, 2020:
Comeone.. if you don’t rememeber Chandrakanta for Irfaan Khan, then it is real surprising. Also ducktales used to come on Sunday morning and not in evening.
Amitava Roy on May 29, 2020:
Please provide the name of the serial which is based on a life of Post master & some memorable old letters. After death of Post master his close relative found old letters that were not distributed .
ANonY on May 17, 2020:
Deven Bhijani's character in Dekh Bhai Dekh was called "Kareema" not "Gareema" !!!
Faisal on May 14, 2020:
And of course tehreer munshi premchand ki
Rahul Kumar on May 12, 2020:
when will shaktimaan session 2 2020 start now and old artist will be role gangadhar & geeta viswas etc
Tanmay on May 07, 2020:
Want to see Kashish serial.
adnan khan on May 04, 2020:
Can u tell me the name of serial it was based on twince new born baby brother 1 is bhagvan and 2nd one is shitan
Jayanta on April 30, 2020:
You forget yes minister( eng), oshin (Japanese), tandoori nights, parakh, the world this week, etc.
Shailendra Kulkarni on April 24, 2020:
@Satbir, even I am looking for this serial name for years. It was hosted by Naseruddin Shah.
"Ye sadiyon ka sona, ye paudhe, ye paani. Ye jungle mein palti hui zindagaani. Ye gehne zameen ke bahut saal humne utaare hain aur jee rahe hain. Zameen ke udhaare utaaro, sanwaro zameen ko sanwaro."
ROLI MITTAL on April 24, 2020:
I want to watch yeh jo hai zindagi as this lock down will go for long and I was not also born even when it was telecasted and moreover I know it is a hilarious comedy show
Pavan k on April 24, 2020:
How Can i watch kashish serial , any dvd available 76 serial no
firstname.lastname@example.org on April 23, 2020:
Hi, I am looking for a show called Dushman. It used to telecast on Doordarshan and starred Mandira bedi, Aman Verma and Cezzane Khan amongst others.
email@example.com on April 23, 2020:
If anyone of you have 'Dus Kadam' a course of exercises by Door Darshan, please send me to my email. I shall be firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaista on April 22, 2020:
One serial was based on scientific facts all the incidents which use to happen there was one team and they give scientific reasons
Anybody know the name?
karthic on April 19, 2020:
Does anyone know the serial name in Hindi where a fat guy with glass make fun... Its a comedy serial with his family and it's called "kaalam maari pochu" in Tamil...i saw it during 92 or 93.. I'm trying to find it for the past 28yrs..
Vishal on April 18, 2020:
There was a program KON on the entire kingdom of blind people. It used to be telecast in the morning. Anyone remembers? Please let me know how can I get the videos to watch it again.
Sahana on April 17, 2020:
Oshin and tandoori nights
Ajay on April 16, 2020:
How many episodes that the Serial Trishna (1985) had?
Pratima singh on April 08, 2020:
I am searching for old doordarshan serial Palash ke phool with their release year
Ashish on April 07, 2020:
1 serial which i remember is Prayas - which is story of group of kids saving environment.
Amit kumar on April 03, 2020:
I want to see dordarshan serial betal pachisi shsbsz khan staring
Rupali on March 31, 2020:
Name of the serial in which English speaking class is shown
Angelia on March 30, 2020:
hi, does anyone know where i can watch Ek Mutthi Asmaan with english subtitles?
Ankur on March 30, 2020:
Giant Robot was one the most watched. I think the show was imported. Not to be found anywhere. So is Stone Boy. Most watched but it appears has got deleted from the planet!
Abdul qadir on March 29, 2020:
sandeep jain on March 28, 2020:
thanks for remembering all this
Nitin Bargaje on March 28, 2020:
Please re-telecast all DD old serials again as now a days kids r busy with technology and they will understand about mythology.
Lakshmi Kanagala on March 26, 2020:
Where can I see serial trishna
I am searching for afternoon telecast during 1987-90 serial tumhare liye on March 25, 2020:
Iam searching for the doordarshan afternoon telecast during 1987-88serial tumhare liye
Satbir on March 22, 2020:
There was a show with theme song sung by Suresh Wadkar. It went something like this "Ye sadiyon ka sona, ye paudhe, ye paani. Ye jungle mein palti hui zindagaani. Ye gehne zameen ke bahut saal humne utaare hain aur jee rahe hain. Zameen ke udhaare utaaro, sanwaro zameen ko sanwaro."
Does anyone know which serial was this? Or does anyone have this track? If anyone has it, could you please share it with me at email@example.com
kumar on March 21, 2020:
does anyone knows the name of the sci fi show back in 2003-2005 , brother sister with their grandad on a ship, some sort of time machine on the ship.?
Pratham on March 11, 2020:
Hello Avinash The name of the show you are asking for is startrek.
Bala Ganesh M on March 06, 2020:
There was a serial. I dont remember the name. in late 90's. A school kid becomes handicapped duuring rescuing an tiger cub from a pit in the forest later he takes to his house and pets it.
Hatim on February 25, 2020:
I want to see Sab tv serial aflatoon..in year 1998 by adhikari brothers..
Avinash on February 22, 2020:
Around 35-40 yrs back there was a foreign science fiction serial on Doordarshan. I was small and do not remember the named
VISWANATHAN on February 08, 2020:
I am searching for a serial named Lifeline -Jeevan Rekha (A.K.Hangal) based on Hospital
Syed Abdul Sami. on February 02, 2020:
How much cd's /dvd's of old dd tv classic serials like Mirza Ghalib, Bahadur Shah Zafar will cost.
Kunal Trivedi on December 31, 2019:
I want to see my tabla playing show held in 1988
Sourabh on December 13, 2019:
I Want Emperor of the sea All Episodes In Hindi.
Murali on December 03, 2019:
Where.i.can.see all.episodes.of ye.jo.hai.zindagi
Md usman on November 12, 2019:
I lick you doordarsh thanks an
Sunil chirwal on October 12, 2019:
Where can i see the serial dapan all episods
Bhupender on October 01, 2019:
There was a serial in 90s , possibly between 95-96. The lead role actress was that time Miss Shimla. Anyone remember the name of the serial.
Prince on September 22, 2019:
kya zu mointain saga series ki dvd mil saktki ha in hindi i love this drama kove firstname.lastname@example.org
D D salunkr on September 19, 2019:
please provide details of the serial kavi aur Kavita,episodes on poetry from famous Hindi poets if any body have
Mahesh H M,Vijayanagar,Bangalore on September 12, 2019:
Anyway all great serials in those days its very good entertainment for the peoples ,Now a days we can not imagine those kind of entertainment with our kids...,
Anyway OLD IS GOLD ...........,
And one more is it possible once again rewind those 1980~1990 serials to us...,So,we can remember our old days....,
Unknown on September 02, 2019:
@annoymous...name of serial was Subha ....it had Salim Ghouse Abhinav Bhargava ..title song”Aye Zamane tere Samne aagaye aaj ke Daur ke naujawan aagay..Subha ko kar salaam.
Aditi on August 10, 2019:
Where I can watch them ??
Nidhi Jaiswal on August 06, 2019:
@anju let me know when you get to know the name.Even as a little girl, I was in awe of the strong characters the women portrayed in the serial. Can someone recall?
Haransh singh on July 27, 2019:
In the years near about 1989-1990 one serial Shakri based on women was started. Every episode had new story about women. But not found on internet plz help.
Fedfan on July 21, 2019:
Thank you so much for taking me on the path of nostalgia. Some other ones I remember enjoying are:
Ados Pados directed by Sai Paranjapayee.
Idhar Udhar - featuring Ratna Pathak Shah and Supriya Pathak
Rajani - Priya Tendulkar
Thanks also for the information about the serials that you gave, it gives a fresh perspective looking at it now years later. For instance, it was a pleasant surprise to see that the song 'Jungle jungle baat chali hai' was directed by Vishal Bhardwaj!
shashi Saxena on July 18, 2019:
Its not Buniyad but HUM LOG was the first SoapOpera of Indian Television. It was startd on 7th July , 1984. I had stareted my careere with HUM LOG as an Assistant Director
Reetesh on July 04, 2019:
Where can i see the serial ajnabi
Anju on June 29, 2019:
Can u tell me the name of serial it was based on 3 or 4 sisters and we watch in afternoon dd serial pl.tell me
Sanjay on June 27, 2019:
the zoo mountain saga episodes link
harpreet on June 17, 2019:
where can i see the serial TRISHNA
Babrol on June 14, 2019:
Turning Point, Quiz Time and World This Week
cLIVE on June 13, 2019:
CAN ANYONE PLEASE recall the name of the cartoon character with a magical coin. I remember the character in turban and it was aired on dd1 early morning. That time to the best of my memory Chitrahar was also aired in the morning. Please I need the name of that cartoon series.
saras on June 05, 2019:
tha best program saraswatichadra (.my favrate.
Tarun on June 01, 2019:
What about the great maratha and tipu sultan both by sanjay khan. They should be in top 10
Mahfooz on May 23, 2019:
There are many more serial missing
Im searching for kids special serial as far as i know it was about child primary education serial in which i remembered 2 characters one of them is old man professor wearing Cap oN head and having french beared and other one was a cook or shef....they educates children through their drama...so if someone reminiscence please let me know
Advaitanubhav on May 13, 2019:
There are few other serials like Palash ke phool directed by Asha Parekh ji, Dane Anar ke, one serial was airing in the morning named Jahan Chah Wahan Rah, some times they showed movies on Thursday evening under which they showed Quaidi no. 911, Memsaab (Vinod Khanna), and in 1992-93 Tuesday noon movie time where Golmal, Rafoochakkar, Yeh gulistan hamara was telecasted. Renuka Israni's serial 'Kashmkash' in 87-88, Deepa Lagu's serial Hum Panchi ek daal ke, Mehmood's serial Savera, Awesome beauties of those time were, Radha seth, Malvika Tiwari, Seema Kelkar, etc. Girija Shankar and archana joglekar in Kissa Shanti Ka. Punam Rehani and Nilima khattar in Phir Wohi Talash, Lekhoo, Stone boy...So many memories
Alok on April 17, 2019:
Ek serial tha with title track Ye jinadagi ek farz hae karna ada har karz hae....bhaisaab ye konsa serial tha?pls some one could help
Anonymous on April 10, 2019:
Tarang(kids), Aarohan, Suno kahani, Sukanya,Karamati, jaane bhi do paro, Mewalal etc some of my favorites of that time. But now I cant even remember the names of the soap operas going in my house..And don't bother either .
Renin on April 04, 2019:
@yagyavir Is it Oshin?
Renin on April 04, 2019:
@Vishnu, the serial's name is lekin woh sach tha
mmBabji on April 03, 2019:
Mitti ke Rang i remember its about bunch of kids surviving near Car Garage.... and the story revolving around the events of their daily life.
Hemali jadeja on March 18, 2019:
Anyone khow about the serial of one small girl who lives in iglu n her family so poor they survive for one time meal even. Barfili jagah par rehte the aur gale me sagadi lagate the.. jyada kuch yaad nahi bas itna hi.. pls kisiko yaad hai to serial ka naam batana plssssd
SATISH KUMAR MANCHOJU on March 14, 2019:
Please help me identify this serial
Benjamin Gilani is lost in a village full of blind people who after sometime want to make him as one of their own by making him also blind..........
Aired around 1988 or 1989
Anonymous on March 11, 2019:
I have a few memories of a scene in which in a mountain background from Himachal or Utrakhand a young Shepard boy/man plays flute and lord Shiva comes in disguise and become friends with the young boy/man, and something magical and mysterious things happens. That's what I could recall. If someone knows which was the serial and if someone has a link of it? edit
Anonymous on March 11, 2019:
I am trying to locate a doordarshan Malayalam teleserial tdo you know where I can locate a copy?hat was aired in the late 90s by M T vasudevsn called naalukettu
Anonymous on March 11, 2019:
In which Which serial is it that mahesh takur fell for a widowed woman with a daughter?
Anonymous on March 11, 2019:
Do you remember other series of home TV? Blood stained intrigue ( red and blue swords) and other 6 chinese series Hindi dubbed.
Sharath Mallareddy Aarey on February 09, 2019:
Does anyone knows the serial name which had title song....... Door se aya hai kushiya Woh laya hai... Mera dost... Mera dost.... Please do let me know.
Ganesh 23 on February 05, 2019:
What about 'Ek, Do, Teen, Char' which was another hit serial in 1987, Spider-man 1987, Panchatantra 1990, & Chhayageet.
Vivek CHANDRA PANDEY on February 01, 2019:
Sir please arrange a cartoon show tarang in which a show named TARRRAM TOO ...
Please sir i searched it on YouTube but there is not any video of this cartoon show ...
Please sir ...
Pradeep on February 01, 2019:
There was a Disney seriol called Pokahontus .
Aashi on January 29, 2019:
Noone mentioned "Tumhare liye" or "Rath chakra".
Gaurav on January 25, 2019:
Doordarshan people are awesome
sam on January 19, 2019:
Anybody remembers Mitti ke Rang, Talespin, Disney cartoons
Praveen on January 05, 2019:
Can anybody has the info on title song of Chhatrapati shivarai serial which came around 2001-2002 time..very inspirational n motivating song..used to get goosebumps listening to it
Dhiraj Sharma on January 04, 2019:
Serial name of gul is Gul Gulshan Gulfam
Abhishek Pareek on December 23, 2018:
Can anyone tell me the title of a serial in which a rich family boy used to play with some tapori kind of boys and they all used to look very dirty types but with golden heart.
KRISH MUMBAI on December 23, 2018:
Dear it was serial DD - the female - kalpani joshi or Trivedi as hostel warden. the title song was so nice can you tell which was that serial
Aa on December 20, 2018:
Why is it that doordarshan doesn't makes these programmes available ? What good it serves to let them rot in archives? Strange !
Venki on December 16, 2018:
Can anybody tell me where can i watch full episodes of wagle ki duniya
frontlemon on December 16, 2018:
Can you tell me the name of the serial that is broadcasted in DD (i forgot if its National or Metro) that is a thriller/horror series and I particularly remember one episode of it that goes as follows:
A man and his wife goes to a curio shop with their daughter and buys a particular statuette (a demonic head) much to their daughters dismay. The daughter screamed and cried when she looked at the statuette but her parents dismissed her fears on grounds that she is young and just probably afraid to see such a horrid figurine. But after the couple brings the head to their house things starts to go sour. The man who is a surgeon by profession, kills a patient in a very simple surgery. We get to see that in the course of the operation, when the surgeon sees his patient's blood something forces him to commit serious mistakes that costs the life of his patient. At this time, the camera pans to the demonic head inside the house and it is shown that the facial expression of the demonic head changes to reveal a demonic smile...
After this we had a power cut off and were not able to watch the rest of the episode.
I would love to watch the rest of this intriguing episode...
Jay on December 15, 2018:
Hi vishnu i too searching that serial eagerly with the department name was Asw and the male guy name was Aditya. It was showing on Saturday after or before captain vyom.
Prashant on December 07, 2018:
Hey there was another serial called Farz, starring Ashutosh Rana & Prashant Narayanan. It's not in this list.
Vishnu Mohan on November 28, 2018:
There was a serial on which people used to bust man made super natural things. I only remember that they where from the department called "ASW" the guy's name was Anuradha and the female lead's role was Swetha, Anyone remembers this