Has anybody not heard about Gossip Girl? If you haven't, this show is a teen drama series based on the book series with the same title written by Cecily von Ziegesar about the life of the elites on New York's upper east side. The seres aired on the CW channel. Wondering whose voice is behind the “gossip girl?” It is the beautiful Kristen Bell.
I've collected unforgettable quotes from seasons one through four from the characters Blair Waldorf, Chuck Bass, Serena Van der Woodsen, Dan Humphrey, and Gossip Girl herself, the narrator. As a bonus, I've inserted some pretty photos, too. Enjoy!
- "Some might call this a fustercluck. But on the Upper East Side, we call it Sunday afternoon."
- "Spotted—Lonely Boy's rude awakening. Upper East Side Queens aren't born at the top. They climb their way up in heels, no matter who they have to tread on to do it."
- "Spotted—Chuck Bass losing something nobody even knew he had. His heart."
- "Sometimes you need to step outside, clear your head and remind yourself of who you are. And where you wanna be. And sometimes you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself. As for me, I'm happy right where I am. I only wanna be with you. xoxo . . . Gossip Girl"
- "There's a weak link in every chain. And it's just a matter of time before this one snaps."
- "When words get in the way, there's really only one thing left to do."
- "Chuck Bass waiting for the Jitney. A dozen roses in one hand, his heart in the other. You know what they say: A man is a good thing to come home for. But an even better thing to come home with. Ain't karma a bitch? We know Blair Waldorf is."
- "One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall."
- "They say every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and once something is set on motion, it can't help up to build a momentum."
- "Every happy ending is just a new beginning. Because on the Upper East Side, the good times never lasts forever."
- "They say the universe has a great sense of humor. That sometimes having your dreams come true can feel like a nightmare. Because getting what you want always come with strings attached."
- "A wise woman once said that every morning when you wake up you say a little prayer. After all, you never know what your day may hold."
- "Nothing says January like a brand new Cold War."
- "So if you want peace, always be prepared for war."
- "But our most dangerous enemies are the ones we never knew we had."
- "Napoleon once said that secrets travel fast in Paris. But Gossip Girl travels faster. Bisou bisou."
One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall.
— Gossip Girl
- "The only thing lamer than dating Dan Humphrey . . . is mourning Dan Humphrey."
- "My father left my mother for a 31-year-old model. A male model."
- "Funny, Brown doesn't offer a degree in slut."
- "I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination. And if you refuse to come, I'm gonna need to find a replacement. Girls, the waiting list?"
- "Nothing hurts more than sleeping with a best friend."
- "I would be in my cabana at the Hotel de Cat, and there he would be. Amid all the fireworks on Bastille Day, all I could see was that . . . Chuck Bass-tard!"
- "A hot lifeguard is like kleenex! Use once and throw away. You could ask for a better rebound!"
- "Damn that mother Chucker!"
- "Only a masochist could ever love such a narcissist."
- "I have a friend on cyberspace who knows just what to do. XOXO."
- "Can you make sure they don't seat me behind Caroline Kennedy? She may be American royalty, but she's a giraffe."
- "Serena's been in jail for four hours, she's already served more time than Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie combined!"
- "Nate can't wait to see you. Trust me, it's like riding a very cute bike."
- "A woman remembers."
- "Guess I must have some undiagnosed brain injury. 'cause I stupidly thought that this fake friendship might be real."
- "Hillary Clinton is one of my role models. I do not break treaties, you ass!"
- "I'm the best of the best. I'm Blair Waldorf."
- "Here's my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas."
- "Just because we can't be friends doesn't mean we aren't."
- "I don't love you anymore. But it takes more than even you to destroy a Blair Waldorf."
- "Trust me, the only thing wrong with Chuck is that I'm going to be happy without him."
- "All summer I've been sitting in front of my favorite Manet and reading Colette in the park, hoping that I'll lock eyes with somebody who's doing the same thing as me. Or feeling the same thing as I am. But alas, not effective. For all my efforts I'm heading back home with a Chuck-sized cloud above my head."
- Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester)
- Serena van der Woodsen ( Blake Lively)
- Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick)
- Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley)
- Nate Archibald ( Chace Crawford)
- Jenny Humphrey ( Taylor Momsen)
- "You know my mom: If it's not broke, break it."
- "There's something vibrating in your pocket, and I really hope it's your phone."
- "I hate that stupid headband."
- "I remember everything you've read to me. In case you haven't noticed I don't really let go of things so easily."
- "[calling 911] My name is Serena van der Woodsen. I don't know who I am or how I got here. Please help."
- "Let's catch up. Take our clothes off. Stare at each other."
- "You guys have been dating since kindergarten and you haven't sealed the deal."
- "I'm honored to be playing even a small role in your deflowering."
- "Don't mock the scarf, Nathaniel. It's my signature."
- "I'll find another way to save my family legacy. One that doesn't involve you."
- "Either switch that thing off or bring it to bed. Vibration is a terrible thing to waste."
Chuck: Please don't leave with him.
Blair: Why? Give me a reason . . . and "I'm Chuck Bass" doesn't count.
Chuck: 'Cause you don't want to.
Blair: That's not enough.
Chuck: 'Cause I don't want you to.
Blair: That's not enough.
Chuck: What else is there? The true reason I should stay right where I am and not get in the car. Three words. Eight letters. Say it, that I'm yours.
Chuck: I . . . I . . . [pause]
Blair: Thank you. That's all I needed here.
Chuck: I was a coward running away again. But everywhere I went, you caught up with me. So I had to come back.
Blair: I want to believe you, but I can't. You've hurt me too many times.
Chuck: Then believe me this time.
Blair: That's it?
Chuck: [pauses] I love you, too. (they kiss)
Blair: Can you say it twice? (laughs) No, I'm serious, say it twice.
Chuck: I love you, I love you, I love you. (kissing)
Blair: You and I bonded over a mutual love of scheming. And burlesque. Find something that you and Reyna both share. Let your guard down. Show her a side of you that no one else sees. I hear girls love that.
Chuck: Open up and she'll be forced to follow suit.
Blair: And once you hook her, reel her in, gut her emotionally and throw the carcass overboard.
Chuck: You really do have a gift.
Chuck: I should have asked Lily if you were coming. I can leave if you'd like.
Blair: Don't be silly, I was just headed to JFK. But even if I wasn't we should get used to little run-ins like these. I mean if Bruce and Demi can do it, it can't be that difficult.
Chuck: Look at Brad and Angelina. They take turns on top!
Blair: But Angelina won an Oscar first.
Blair: My black Balenciaga will be perfect to publicly condemn you.
Chuck: I love poplin.
Blair: I love condemnation.
Chuck: I love you.
Blair: [pause] Of course no one does black like Dior.
Chuck: Whatever you want, wherever you want it, I'm going to be there to take it away from you. I won't stop until you have nothing.
Blair: Who knows my limits? I have nothing to lose, since you took away my future.
- "When Prince Charming found Cinderella's slipper, they didn't accuse him of having a foot fetish."
- "I don't read Gossip Girl. That's for chicks."
- "Google revenge and you get BlairWaldorf.com."
- "So actually I'll be living out my nightmare. Trapped in the city with only Blair Waldorf to talk to."
Fillintheblanc on September 05, 2019:
“Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to get drunk enough to make you all seem interesting” Trachtenberg/Georgina
Yes Friday morning come pick me up on April 07, 2019:
CD great day for dinner tomorrow figure it is fueled guys and I will trying to fit you into tumblr just a week before I go figure I’ll
Tejaswi on January 27, 2019:
Serena : Not every body wants to be Blair Waldorf.
Blair : Not every one can be.
K² on October 14, 2018:
Gosh my fav was Blair to Serena, while eyeing Nate and Juliet: Once men have tasted caviar, it baffles me how they can settle for catfish.
xoxo gossip girl on March 21, 2018:
THIS SHOW IS AMAZING! its so sad the actors don't keep in touch with each other.
Zyra Marie on February 01, 2018:
The best among the best.. I do really love this much..
Chuck and Blair for infinity.. This made me realized forever does exist,atleast just in Gossip Girl..
Kristina on January 22, 2018:
This show is AMAZING!!! Looking for a quote to DIY, any ideas? I love chuck and Blair, but Serena is SO under-appreciated!!! One of my fav quotes is "You know you love me. XOXO GossipGirl
MADISON on December 01, 2017:
I LOVE THIS SHOW WITH A PASSION
Kayanna on March 18, 2017:
I love this show so much it's the best
mhizz on August 29, 2016:
i love chuck n blaire.....but serena is d best i heart u
Agaltom on December 05, 2012:
I absolutely love this show. And my favorite quote is "Damn that mother Chucker".
Areeb on June 11, 2012:
"Damn that mother Chucker!" and "My father left my mother for a 31-year-old model. A male model." Lol
Lipstick bi*** on June 08, 2012:
Dan Humphrey said more funny things like that! And what`s with Jenny or Nate?
emm on May 30, 2012:
Blair: yes u can move on .. You're Chuk Bass..
Chuck: I 'm not Chuck Bass without Blair Waldorf
Kay on May 03, 2012:
One of my favourites is when Dorota says to Blair "I don't need you to be happy couple, Miss Blair, I just need you to be happy"
Also when Chuck says "Next tim you forget you're Blair Waldorf, remember I'm Chuck Bass and I love you"
Shoaib yasmeen on March 29, 2012:
Hi girl farend03456464592
twentyfive (author) on March 23, 2012:
xoxo Gossip Girl :)
pee on March 13, 2012:
gossip girl is my obsession
Nayoii on January 26, 2012:
hahah!!! love GG really... yo! put more of chuck's line.!!
Hera A on January 25, 2012:
xoxo.... I HEART Gossip Girl!
direBeatz on January 21, 2012:
You have hurt me to many times Hahahaha keep hurting her I love that part
fhdj on January 18, 2012:
this is awesome!
J9242 on January 17, 2012:
Blair and Chuck quotes definitely were the best!!! bring lots more out!!,,,xoxo gossip girl
Charli on January 16, 2012:
All the characters are going through meetings to get to college and saying why they should be accepted... you get to Chuck: *shrugs* "Im Chuck Bass."
Lili on January 07, 2012:
I'm crazy about Blair and Chuck.
Damn that mother Chucker)) great one))
someone on January 07, 2012:
I`m so into gossip girl !! I wish I lived in new york with a boyfriend like Nate and friends like the others !!
elenii on December 12, 2011:
hha iloveit :D
ivonaa on December 02, 2011:
I'm Chuck Bass.
yhaney on December 01, 2011:
love it.. was amazed by nate having an affair wit catherine
KIT.KAT on November 27, 2011:
I am a gossip girl freak i just love the show it just get better and better every season.you never know what to expect. i really love all the characters in the show.
anonymous on November 23, 2011:
i have lived blairs moments and the quotes you have displayed reminded me of my past. the quotes can be relived.
rosemary on October 25, 2011:
i'm the best of the best i'm__________ wow!! not only blair waldorf is..
PHYU on October 07, 2011:
i love GOSSIP GIRLS including blair , serena, chunk, nate, every1
twentyfive (author) on August 14, 2011:
Loved that one! Gossip Girl rocks! xoxo
xoxo on August 14, 2011:
"...Queens aren't born at the top. They climb their way up in heels, no matter who they have to tread on to do it." ohh I love this one
mysisters on July 27, 2011:
This is hilarious! Oh how I love Gossip Girl. xoxo
jonathan on July 19, 2011:
i don't read gossip girl , that's for chicks , dan humphrey i love dat kid
celebritie on April 15, 2011:
"Guess I must have some undiagnosed brain injury. 'Cause I stupidly thought that this fake friendship might be real."
What a great celebrity quote, Ha Ha gotta love it!!
Chrisobas on March 09, 2011:
Nice one. If you want to follow nollywood updates, go to www.naija2geda.blogspot.com
Tina Kachan from Europe, Croatia on December 04, 2010:
"Damn that mother Chucker!" I love that one. :)
xinho45 on November 28, 2010:
you should have put more chuck. Californication is second best...season 4 soon check out my hub.