Unforgettable Gossip Girl Quotes
Who is your favorite Gossip Girl character?
Has anybody not heard about Gossip Girl? If you haven't, this show is a teen drama series based on the book series with the same title written by Cecily von Ziegesar about the life of the elites on New York's upper east side. The seres aired on the CW channel. Wondering whose voice is behind the “gossip girl?” It is the beautiful Kristen Bell.
I've collected unforgettable quotes from seasons one through four from the characters Blair Waldorf, Chuck Bass, Serena Van der Woodsen, Dan Humphrey, and Gossip Girl herself, the narrator. As a bonus, I've inserted some pretty photos, too. Enjoy!
Quotes from Gossip Girl
- "Some might call this a fustercluck. But on the Upper East Side, we call it Sunday afternoon."
- "Spotted—Lonely Boy's rude awakening. Upper East Side Queens aren't born at the top. They climb their way up in heels, no matter who they have to tread on to do it."
- "Spotted—Chuck Bass losing something nobody even knew he had. His heart."
- "Sometimes you need to step outside, clear your head and remind yourself of who you are. And where you wanna be. And sometimes you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself. As for me, I'm happy right where I am. I only wanna be with you. xoxo . . . Gossip Girl"
- "There's a weak link in every chain. And it's just a matter of time before this one snaps."
- "When words get in the way, there's really only one thing left to do."
- "Chuck Bass waiting for the Jitney. A dozen roses in one hand, his heart in the other. You know what they say: A man is a good thing to come home for. But an even better thing to come home with. Ain't karma a bitch? We know Blair Waldorf is."
- "One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall."
- "They say every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and once something is set on motion, it can't help up to build a momentum."
- "Every happy ending is just a new beginning. Because on the Upper East Side, the good times never lasts forever."
- "They say the universe has a great sense of humor. That sometimes having your dreams come true can feel like a nightmare. Because getting what you want always come with strings attached."
- "A wise woman once said that every morning when you wake up you say a little prayer. After all, you never know what your day may hold."
- "Nothing says January like a brand new Cold War."
- "So if you want peace, always be prepared for war."
- "But our most dangerous enemies are the ones we never knew we had."
- "Napoleon once said that secrets travel fast in Paris. But Gossip Girl travels faster. Bisou bisou."
One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall.— Gossip Girl
Quotes by Blair Waldorf
- "The only thing lamer than dating Dan Humphrey . . . is mourning Dan Humphrey."
- "My father left my mother for a 31-year-old model. A male model."
- "Funny, Brown doesn't offer a degree in slut."
- "I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination. And if you refuse to come, I'm gonna need to find a replacement. Girls, the waiting list?"
- "Nothing hurts more than sleeping with a best friend."
- "I would be in my cabana at the Hotel de Cat, and there he would be. Amid all the fireworks on Bastille Day, all I could see was that . . . Chuck Bass-tard!"
- "A hot lifeguard is like kleenex! Use once and throw away. You could ask for a better rebound!"
- "Damn that mother Chucker!"
- "Only a masochist could ever love such a narcissist."
- "I have a friend on cyberspace who knows just what to do. XOXO."
- "Can you make sure they don't seat me behind Caroline Kennedy? She may be American royalty, but she's a giraffe."
- "Serena's been in jail for four hours, she's already served more time than Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie combined!"
- "Nate can't wait to see you. Trust me, it's like riding a very cute bike."
- "A woman remembers."
- "Guess I must have some undiagnosed brain injury. 'cause I stupidly thought that this fake friendship might be real."
- "Hillary Clinton is one of my role models. I do not break treaties, you ass!"
- "I'm the best of the best. I'm Blair Waldorf."
- "Here's my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas."
- "Just because we can't be friends doesn't mean we aren't."
- "I don't love you anymore. But it takes more than even you to destroy a Blair Waldorf."
- "Trust me, the only thing wrong with Chuck is that I'm going to be happy without him."
- "All summer I've been sitting in front of my favorite Manet and reading Colette in the park, hoping that I'll lock eyes with somebody who's doing the same thing as me. Or feeling the same thing as I am. But alas, not effective. For all my efforts I'm heading back home with a Chuck-sized cloud above my head."
- Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester)
- Serena van der Woodsen ( Blake Lively)
- Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick)
- Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley)
- Nate Archibald ( Chace Crawford)
- Jenny Humphrey ( Taylor Momsen)
Quotes by Serena
- "You know my mom: If it's not broke, break it."
- "There's something vibrating in your pocket, and I really hope it's your phone."
- "I hate that stupid headband."
- "I remember everything you've read to me. In case you haven't noticed I don't really let go of things so easily."
- "[calling 911] My name is Serena van der Woodsen. I don't know who I am or how I got here. Please help."
Quotes by Chuck
- "Let's catch up. Take our clothes off. Stare at each other."
- "You guys have been dating since kindergarten and you haven't sealed the deal."
- "I'm honored to be playing even a small role in your deflowering."
- "Don't mock the scarf, Nathaniel. It's my signature."
- "I'll find another way to save my family legacy. One that doesn't involve you."
- "Either switch that thing off or bring it to bed. Vibration is a terrible thing to waste."
Quotes by Blair and Chuck
Chuck: Please don't leave with him.
Blair: Why? Give me a reason . . . and "I'm Chuck Bass" doesn't count.
Chuck: 'Cause you don't want to.
Blair: That's not enough.
Chuck: 'Cause I don't want you to.
Blair: That's not enough.
Chuck: What else is there? The true reason I should stay right where I am and not get in the car. Three words. Eight letters. Say it, that I'm yours.
Chuck: I . . . I . . . [pause]
Blair: Thank you. That's all I needed here.
Chuck: I was a coward running away again. But everywhere I went, you caught up with me. So I had to come back.
Blair: I want to believe you, but I can't. You've hurt me too many times.
Chuck: Then believe me this time.
Blair: That's it?
Chuck: [pauses] I love you, too. (they kiss)
Blair: Can you say it twice? (laughs) No, I'm serious, say it twice.
Chuck: I love you, I love you, I love you. (kissing)
Blair: You and I bonded over a mutual love of scheming. And burlesque. Find something that you and Reyna both share. Let your guard down. Show her a side of you that no one else sees. I hear girls love that.
Chuck: Open up and she'll be forced to follow suit.
Blair: And once you hook her, reel her in, gut her emotionally and throw the carcass overboard.
Chuck: You really do have a gift.
Chuck: I should have asked Lily if you were coming. I can leave if you'd like.
Blair: Don't be silly, I was just headed to JFK. But even if I wasn't we should get used to little run-ins like these. I mean if Bruce and Demi can do it, it can't be that difficult.
Chuck: Look at Brad and Angelina. They take turns on top!
Blair: But Angelina won an Oscar first.
Blair: My black Balenciaga will be perfect to publicly condemn you.
Chuck: I love poplin.
Blair: I love condemnation.
Chuck: I love you.
Blair: [pause] Of course no one does black like Dior.
Chuck: Whatever you want, wherever you want it, I'm going to be there to take it away from you. I won't stop until you have nothing.
Blair: Who knows my limits? I have nothing to lose, since you took away my future.
Quotes by Dan Humphrey
- "When Prince Charming found Cinderella's slipper, they didn't accuse him of having a foot fetish."
- "I don't read Gossip Girl. That's for chicks."
- "Google revenge and you get BlairWaldorf.com."
- "So actually I'll be living out my nightmare. Trapped in the city with only Blair Waldorf to talk to."