Welcome to ReelRundown, the place where film buffs and fanatics can discuss and debate their favorite films, shows, and celebrities. This is a community for the fans that is made by the fans. Whether you want to discuss the best of Scorsese or learn where to even start with Kurosawa, this is where you come to share what you love and find something new to add to your viewing list. We are always looking for articles from writers who are passionate about entertainment. If you want to share your opinion with a film review, a top 10 list, or just gush about your favorite director, then this is the place to showcase it.
If you would like to contribute to the site, please familiarize yourself with the HubPages editorial policy. In addition to these requirements, we here at ReelRundown have some extra tips on how to write high-quality articles for this particular site.
What We Like to See:
- Spoiler Alert: If your article gives away plot details, please be considerate to your readers and give a spoiler warning at the start. You certainly don’t want to ruin the experience of viewing a great film for your readers.
- What Makes or Breaks a Film: Reviews are most effective when they offer in-depth analysis and commentary on a film or show. The review could provide the strengths and weaknesses of a production and give the reader a sense of whether or not it is worth their time to see it.
- Give Visuals: If you analyze a scene’s mise-en-scène, framing, or lighting, it is very helpful to include photos of the imagery you are discussing. If you are breaking down how a scene plays out or writing about an Oscar-worthy performance, you may want to include a YouTube clip.
What You Should Avoid:
- Plot Summaries: Articles that are merely plot summaries of a film or television show likely won’t leave the cutting room floor. They provide nothing beyond the viewing experience.
- Common Knowledge: Celebrity bios that are simply facts and basic information lack star power. Generally, it won’t be an interesting read if it is identical to a Wikipedia page.
- Earning a Spot: We all love a good top 10 list, but not one that barely explains why an entry made the cut. A full review is not needed, but the reader should get an idea of why an entry was selected.
Here are some examples of articles on ReelRundown that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
- 'BlacKkKlansman' (2018) review
- 'Aladdin' (2019) A Whole New Movie Review
- 10 Abuses of Power From the Golden Age of Hollywood
- Reaper's Reviews: 'Attack on Titan'
A quick note: All of our Network Sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for ReelRundown, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our Network Sites like ReelRundown.