Arietha loves all things celebrity-related. She's done a ton of research on her favorite stars and loves sharing facts with her readers.
Hot Actors and Other Sexy Men Over 40
Hollywood and the media love to emphasize what’s young when it comes to celebrity and status. However, they say 40 is the new 30. And in Hollywood, the phrase Forty and Fabulous is hotter than ever and inspired me to write this article.
You’ll be surprised how all of these very hot men make being 40+ look amazing!
1. Gerard Butler
Born in Paisley, Scotland, on November 13th, 1969, Gerard James Butler is the youngest child of Margaret and Edward Butler. He spent the first few years of his life in Canada before returning to Scotland, where he and his older brother and sister were raised in their hometown of Paisley, Scotland.
His mother and stepfather still live in Scotland; his father is deceased. His parents divorced when he was a child, and he had no contact with his father between the ages of two and 16 years old, after which time they became close. His father passed away when Gerard was in his early 20s.
Butler attended Glasgow University, where he studied to be a lawyer/solicitor. He has a legal degree from Glasgow University.
His acting career began when he was approached in a London coffee shop by actor Steven Berkoff, who later appeared alongside Butler in Attila and gave him a role in a stage production of Coriolanus. After that, Butler decided to give up law for acting. He was cast as Ewan McGregor's character Renton in the stage adaptation of Trainspotting and made his film debut as Billy Connolly's younger brother in Mrs. Brown.
His film career continued with minor roles, first in the James Bond movie Tomorrow Never Dies in 1997 and then Russell Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy in 1998.
In 2000, Butler was cast in two breakthrough roles, the first being Attila the Hun in the film Attila the second in Wes Craven’s Dracula 2000. Attila ended up being the second highest-rated TV movie ever. Following these two roles, Butler developed quite a fan base, an Internet site, and appeared on lists everywhere.
Roles followed in movies such as Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life as Terry Sheridan, alongside Angelina Jolie, and in Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical The Phantom of the Opera, playing the title character in the successful adaptation of the stage musical. He starred in P.S. I Love You with Academy Award-winner Hilary Swank, The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston, and was a voice actor on How to Train Your Dragon.
Since 2010, Butler has starred and produced many more movies, including Angel Has Fallen, Greenland, and Copshop.
Gerard Butler Fun Facts
- He is Scottish but is of partial Irish ancestry. He has also mentioned that his family does not have a tartan because of this.
- During his first stage role in Coriolanus, he was poked in the eye with a wooden stake during rehearsals.
- He prefers to be called Gerry because he notices that many people (especially Americans) struggle with pronouncing "Gerard."
- He has a tiny pug that could fit in your palm named Lolitta he fell in love with while walking by a pet shop.
- Gerard is constantly trying to quit smoking. He has employed hypnotism, patches, lasers, and most general methods. He quit for six months while filming 300 but started again towards the end of filming.
2. Ty Pennington
Now, this may come as a surprise, but to me, Ty sure belongs on this list!
Read More From Reelrundown
Born Gary Tygert Bruton on October 19th, 1964, in Atlanta, Georgia, his name changed to Pennington after his mother remarried. While studying at the Atlanta College of Art, he worked as a carpenter during the daytime.
However, he was spotted by a model agent, promptly forgot about carpentry, and set off on a career posing for Swatch, J. Crew, and Sprite, followed by television commercials for Diet Coke, Macy’s, and Levi’s.
When the modeling gigs dried up, the exactly 6 feet (1.83 m) tall Ty returned to woodworking and painted sets for the film Leaving Las Vegas until he landed a job that honored both of his talents. He became the resident "hunky carpenter" on The Learning Channel's Trading Spaces. He quickly became known for his off-the-wall sense of humor and creative style as the show's playful designer and carpenter.
He then went on to host ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The show was originally supposed to be a 13-part special with Ty as the design team leader, but it was a huge hit and extended.
His first book, Ty’s Tricks, published by Hyperion in 2003, was a New York Times bestseller. He signed an agreement with Sears, teamed up with Abbott Nutrition, and became the spokesperson for Marketplace Events. He also finds time to act as a spokesperson for ADHD Experts on Call, aiming to help affected children access the help he was denied in his own childhood.
In January 2021, HGTV debuted a new show called Ty Breaker that featured Pennington helping families struggling to make their homes work for their changing lives.
Pennington joined the HGTV renovation competition series, Rock The Block, as host for its 2nd season, which premiered on March 8th, 2021, and continues in that role for season 3, set to launch in early 2022.
Ty Pennington Fun Facts
- Before his huge success, he ran his own online furniture business called Furniture Unlimited,
- He was arrested on a DUI charge in 2007. He pleaded no contest to the charge and was charged a fine and given 90 days probation.
- Ty has ADHD type 1. He was diagnosed with behavioral problems in elementary school; however, he wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until he was 17. He now takes medication daily.
- He won an Emmy in 2005 and 2006 in the ‘Outstanding Reality Program’ category.
- Ty's mother is a psychologist.
3. Johnny Depp
It's impossible to make this list without including the ever-so-attractive Johnny Depp.
On June 9th, 1963, he was born in Kentucky as John Christopher Depp II. He is the youngest of 4 children. Depp's initial sole ambition was to have a career in music, for which he dropped out of school at the age of 17. He fronted a series of garage bands; the most famous of these, the Kids, once opened for Iggy Pop.
By age 20, he married the band's make-up artist Lori Allison who introduced him to actor Nicolas Cage. He encouraged Depp to try acting, which resulted in his first film debut in Wes Craven's major motion picture, A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984).
In 1985, Depp and Allison divorced, and successful and not so prosperous movies followed. His biggest hit and first Oscar nomination ever was as pirate Jack Sparrow in 2003's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
After relationships with Winona Ryder, Jennifer Grey, Sherilyn Fenn, and Kate Moss, he found love again when he met Vanessa Paradis, a French actress, and singer. The couple went on to have two children and relocated to France in the hope of pursuing a more normal life. Depp and Paradis announced that they had separated in June 2012.
Depp then went on to date Amber Heard, and the two were married in a civil ceremony in February 2015. However, Heard filed for divorce in 2016 and obtained a restraining order against Depp, citing physical and verbal abuse. A settlement was reached, and their divorce was finalized in January 2017.
However, the legal troubles didn't stop there, and Depp went on to sue Heard and media outlets for defamation. The trial is set for late 2022.
Johnny Depp Fun Facts
- His two children have the same names as the two main characters in Legend (1985) and Pirates of the Caribbean: Lily (b. 1999) and Jack (b.2002).
- Depp has 13 tattoos, many signifying important persons or events in his life.
- He was voted the sexiest man alive in 2003 and 2009 by the American magazine People.
- After being nominated seven times, he claimed his first Golden Globe for Best Actor after appearing in Sweeney Todd in 2007.
- He has collaborated with director Tim Burton in seven films and wrote the foreword to Mark Salisbury's biography of Tim Burton.
- Has adopted Goldeneye, the one-eyed Andalusian horse who played Gunpowder, Ichabod Crane's steed in Sleepy Hollow, thereby saving him from the glue factory.
- He donated $2 million to the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London. He gave the gift as thanks for the treatment his daughter Lily-Rose received at the facility in March 2007 after contracting an E. Coli infection that caused kidney failure.
4. Daniel Craig
Born Daniel Wroughton Craig on March 2nd, 1968, in Chester, England, he is the son of Tim Craig and Carol Olivia Craig, an art teacher. He also has an older sister named Lea. After his parents split up in 1972, Craig and Lea were raised by their mother.
From the age of 6, Craig started acting in school plays, making his debut in the Frodsham Primary School production of Oliver!, and his mother was the driving force behind his artistic aspirations. At 14, Craig played roles in Oliver!, Romeo and Juliet, and Cinderella at Hilbre High School in West Kirby, Wirral, UK. He left Hilbre High at 16 to audition at the National Youth Theatre's (NYT) troupe on their tour in Manchester in 1984. He was accepted and moved down to London, continuing his training in 1988 at the London Guildhall School of Music and Drama, where he studied alongside Ewan McGregor, among others. He graduated in 1991, after a three-year course under the tutelage of Colin McCormack, the actor from the Royal Shakespeare Company.
From 1992-1994, he was married to Scottish actress Fiona Loudon, their daughter, named Ella Craig, was born in 1992. Daniel Craig made his film debut in The Power of One in 1992. His film career continued on television, notably in the BBC2 serial Our Friends in the North in 1996. He shot to international fame after playing supporting roles in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Road to Perdition.
Craig was named the sixth actor to portray "James Bond" in October of 2005, weeks after he finished his work in Munich, where he co-starred with Eric Bana under the directorship of Steven Spielberg.
Craig's reserved demeanor and his avoidance of the showbiz-party-red-carpet milieu made him a cool "007". He is the first blonde actor to play Bond, the first to be born after the start of the film series, and the first to be born after the death of author Ian Fleming in 1964. Four of the past Bond actors: Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan, have indicated that Craig is a good choice as "Bond."
Craig stared in his last Bond film in 2022 in No Time to Die.
Daniel Craig Fun Facts
- He is the shortest actor to play the role of James Bond, despite being relatively tall, standing at 5 feet and 11 inches (1.80m)
- The shot in Casino Royale of Craig sporting swimming trunks has often topped many sexiest male celebrity polls. In 2009 Del Monte Foods launched a limited-edition ice pop molded to resemble Craig emerging from the sea.
- He had to quit smoking and hire a personal trainer to prepare for his role as James Bond.
- In December 2006, Daniel was voted the world's sexiest man in a poll conducted by condom maker Durex after showing off his toned muscles in Casino Royale.
- He was also chosen as one of People magazine's 'Sexiest Men Alive' for 2007.
- The British Home Office granted a real passport to Daniel under the name of his 007 characters James Bond.
- He had two of his teeth knocked out while filming Casino Royale.
- He has a fear of flying.
5. Will Smith
Will was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on September 25th, 1968, as Willard Christopher Smith Jr. He is the second of four children of Caroline, a school board employee, and Air Force veteran Willard C. Smith, the owner of a refrigeration company.
His middle-class upbringing saw him attend the strict and Catholic Overbrook High School, despite his family's observation of the Baptist faith. His West Philadelphia neighborhood was a melting pot of cultures where Orthodox Jews co-existed with a large Muslim population. Smith was a good student whose charming personality and quick tongue were renowned for getting him out of trouble, a trait for which he soon gained the nickname "Prince.''
At the age of 12, he began rapping, emulating heroes like Grandmaster Flash but tingeing his rhymes with a comedic element that would later become his trademark. He met Jeff Townes when he was 16 at a party, and they soon began performing together as DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Their debut album Rock the House, hit the Billboard Top 200 and made him a millionaire before the age of 18. He spent a lot of money on a house, cars, and jewelry, leading to his near bankruptcy in his early twenties.
Luckily, in 1989, he met Benny Medina, who had an idea for a sitcom. Will basically played himself, a street-smart West Philly kid shipped off to California to live with wealthy relatives in Bel-Air, California. The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air was a huge success and lasted six years.
His first steps into superstardom came with his next film, Bad Boys, followed by the huge blockbuster hit Independence Day, Men In Black, Enemy of the State, Ali, Men in Black 2, Bad Boys 2, I, Robot, Hitch, and I am legend.
Will Smith Fun Facts
- The Smith family has homes in Florida, Sweden, and Philadelphia.
- Like many in Hollywood, Smith is politically liberal and has made donations to the presidential campaign of Senator Barack Obama.
- He is a fan of chess and video games.
- He is known to take his mother on vacation every year, usually to the Canyon Ranch Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
- Will Smith has earned himself the nickname of "Mr. Fourth of July", due to the fact that his movies that open on the Fourth of July long weekend, have always ended up being number one at the box office, that same weekend.
- He was one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive, 2006. He is found in the 'Hooray for Gray!' section. Will was chosen as one of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive for 2007.
- He has been at his adult height of 6' 2" (1.89m) since he was 13.
- He had his credit identity stolen and $32,897.34 amassed before the thief was apprehended. Carlos Lomax opened 14 accounts under Will's birth name of Willard C. Smith. Once caught, he was sentenced to three years in Federal Prison.
- He incorporates the line "Aw, hell no!" into all his movies as a running catchphrase like Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back!".
- Will's brother Harry and sister Ellen are twins.
- Before Brad Pitt got the part, Will was considered for 'Mr. Smith" in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
- Will is bilingual, and he speaks fluent Spanish.
- He is of both African American and Native American heritage.
- Will was married to Sheree Zampino on May 9th, 1992, and they divorced in 1995. They have a son named Willard Smith III, nicknamed "Trey," born in December 1992. The divorce led to a $900,000 lump sum divorce settlement for Zampino plus $24,000 per month in alimony and child support; this equals $288,000 a year.
- He met his wife Jada Pinkett when she tried out for the role of his girlfriend on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990). The role eventually went to Nia Long. Will married Jada Pinkett on December 31st, 1997. They have a son, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith, born on July 8th, 1998, and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith, born on October 31st, 2000.
- His son Jaden co-starred in the movie The Pursuit Of Happyness. Jaden got the lead role in the remake of The Karate Kid, with his father being the producer.
6. Hugh Jackman
On October 12, 1968, Hugh Jackman was born in Sydney, Australia, as the youngest of five children of English parents Chris Jackman and Grace Watson. He has two older brothers, Ian and Ralph, two older sisters, Sonya and Zoe, and a half sister from his mother's side of the family.
His parents separated when he was 8. His mother then moved to England, leaving his father, an accountant, to raise him and his four siblings by himself in Australia. Hugh has a communications degree with a journalism major from the University of Technology Sydney. After graduating, he attended Art School in Perth, from which he graduated in 1994 (he turned down a role in the popular soap Neighbours to do so).
Almost immediately was offered a role on the Australian TV Series Correlli, where he met his wife-to-be, Deborra-Lee Furness. When the serie was canceled after one season, Hugh was cast as Gaston in the Australian run of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. It was his first professional stage appearance, and he received an MO nomination for Best Actor.
He became known outside of Australia in 1998, when he played the leading role of Curly in the Royal National Theatre's acclaimed stage production of Oklahoma!, in London's West End. The performance earned him an Olivier Award nomination for Best Actor in a Musical. His career became a major boost after his role of Wolverine in the Bryan Singer movie X-men, followed by leading roles in Kate & Leopold (Golden Globe nomination), Swordfish, Van Helsing, Australia, and Happy Feet.
Hugh Jackman Fun Facts
- Hugh is 6' 2 ½" (1.90m) tall with hazel eyes.
- He is left-handed.
- A three-time host of the Tony Awards, winning an Emmy for one of these appearances, Jackman also hosted the 81st Academy Awards on February 22, 2009.
- He spent years of his early life pumping gas from midnight to dawn at a Shell station. He quit his job after another worker was held up with a shotgun.
- His first acting role was in an onstage play called Camelot when he was five years old.
- Hugh was People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive in 2007.
- He doesn't smoke in real life and says he finds it horrible to smoke in movies.
- He is terribly near-sighted and has extremely blurry vision when he isn't wearing contacts. Even when hosting the Tony’s and Saturday Night Live, he memorized almost everything he had to say so he wouldn't have to struggle to read a prompt.
- He was one of the choices to play James Bond in 2006's Casino Royale but eventually lost out to Daniel Craig.
- Once said in an interview with Jay Leno that he is a fan of the Friday The 13th film series, and he became an actor because he wanted to play Jason in one.
- His sister Sonya banned him from using her husband Richard as his stunt double after he broke his brother-in-law's leg, wrist, and nose on set.
- He was honored in 2009 at a ceremony outside Grauman's Chinese Theater, where his hand and footprints were immortalized in cement on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Hugh met Deborra-Lee Furness in 1995 while co-starring in the Australian TV Series Corelli. The couple married in February 1996 and suffered through two miscarriages, which they point to as the most difficult point in their lives. They adopted their son, Oscar Maximillian, in May 2000 and their daughter, Ava Eliot, in July 2005.
7. Tyson Beckford
The 6'2" (1.89m) tall Tyson Craig Beckford is an American supermodel and actor known worldwide for his muscular physique, facial structure, and tattoos.
Born December 19, 1970, he grew up in Rochester, New York, and attended Pittsford Mendon High School in the affluent suburb of Pittsford. He was a participant in the Urban-Suburban Program, which was designed to give educational opportunities to the urban youth in the city's surrounding suburban school districts. Tyson was a member of his high school football and track teams, and it has been reported that early in his life, Beckford was a gang member and was involved in the sale and distribution of illegal narcotics.
In 1991, he was recruited to hip hop magazine The Source by a talent scout who had come across him by chance in a New York park. Within two years, he had a starring role in Ralph Lauren's Polo Sport fragrance and sportswear campaign.
Beckford's fame continued to rise, and he was named "Man of the Year" in 1995 by VH1, as well as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
He now works as a producer and actor.
Tyson Beckford Fun Facts
- His father, Lloyd Beckford, is half Jamaican and half Chinese, and his mother, Hillary Dixon Hall, has Panamanian ancestry. His maternal grandmother was born in Ghana, while his paternal grandmother is 100% Chinese. When he was still in school, his exotic eyes and high cheekbones drew ridicule from his schoolmates.
- After a romance with TV Stylist April Roomer, his son Jordan was born in 1998. He has stated more than once that the most perfect moment of his life was when his son was born. He currently raises his son as a single parent.
- He appears in Notorious B.I.G.'s video for "One More Chance" and Toni Braxton's "Un-break my Heart."
- He narrowly escaped death after his truck crashed and burst into flames on a New Jersey highway. He was able to pull himself out before it became fully engulfed in flames. The accident profoundly affected his spirituality, which he later revealed on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- He once turned down a spot on the Milan Fashion Week catwalk because he was the only black man invited to the event. "There are so many African-American and African men who are trying to get jobs, and they weren't giving the jobs to them," he said at the time. "I'm not the only brother out here trying to make it. So I didn't go."
8. Brad Pitt
He was born December 18, 1963, in Shawnee, Oklahoma, as William Bradley Pitt, the son of Jane Etta Hillhouse, a high school counselor, and William Alvin Pitt, who worked in management at a trucking firm in Springfield.
Soon after Brad was born, the family moved to Springfield, Missouri, where he grew up with his siblings Doug (born 1966) and Julie Neal (born 1969). After he graduated from high school, he attended the University of Missouri, where he majored in journalism focused on advertising. The 5' 11" (1.80 m) soon to be 'sexiest man alive' left college two credits short of graduating to follow his acting dream for which he moved to California and took acting lessons from Roy London.
Before he became successful at acting, Brad supported himself by driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators, and dancing in a chicken suit to draw in customers at an El Pollo Loco restaurant on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood.
After years of supporting roles in movies and frequent television guest appearances, broader public recognition came with his supporting role in Thelma & Louise in 1991. The love scene with Geena Davis permanently defined him a sex symbol.
Successful and less successful movies followed, while his image of sex symbol stuck to him like glue, resulting in several listings like People’s Sexiest Man Alive in 1995 and 2000, Elle’s 15 Sexiest Men poll in 2007, and Company magazine's annual 100 Sexiest Men poll in 2004.
Pitt founded the Make it Right Foundation in 2006 after hurricane Katrina to finance and construct 150 affordable new houses in New Orleans. He also had a hand in creating the Jolie-Pitt Foundation in 2006 to aid humanitarian causes worldwide. He’s also one of the founders of the Not On Our Watch Foundation, an organization that tries to focus global attention and resources to stop and prevent genocides.
After relationships with actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Juliette Lewis, he married actress Jennifer Aniston in 1998, but divorced her in 2005 for actress Angelina Jolie. In total, the couple has six children, from which three adopted. Pitt and Jolie separated in 2016 and share custody of their children.
Brad Pitt Fun Facts
- He has a Single Engine Land pilot license.
- Pitt took Greek language lessons in secret while married to Jennifer Aniston, who is of Greek ancestry.
- He made reservations with Richard Branson to fly into space in 2010.
- He quit smoking while filming the blockbuster Troy.
- He has been banned from entering China because of his role in the controversial movie Seven Years in Tibet in 1997.
- Pitt was trained to handle weapons by renowned Hollywood gun coach Thell Reed.
9. Paolo Seganti
He was born May 20, 1965, as the middle child of five brothers in Milan, Italy. Paolo Seganti first found the spotlight and worked out his teenage aggression in a boxing ring. He won 40 fights, 38 by knockout, and lost just two, earning three Italian junior championships by the time he was 15. He continued fighting and acting on and off for five years until a fashion photographer discovered him.
After doing some modeling and commercials in Italy, Seganti emptied his savings account and moved to the U.S., where he had always dreamed of living, when he was 19. Unfortunately, the American modeling agencies told him to go home, work on his portfolio and learn English first. Instead, he went to Canada, where he soon launched as a print and runway model, working with renowned photographers like Bruce Weber, supermodels like Cindy Crawford and Linda Evangelista, and designers including Calvin Klein, Versace, and Yves Saint Laurent.
However, he quickly got over the snobby nature of the modeling business and also earned a reputation for being difficult and walking off jobs if someone gave him attitude. His blunt candor got the better of him and followed Seganti into his early forays in acting.
His last gigs as a model, the worldwide campaign for Chanel’s fragrance Egoiste, brought him to the attention of the As the World Turns producers who gave him the role of Damian Grimaldi in 1993. This was Paolo's first paid job as an actor. The importance of his character grew due to audience demand. Therefore, instead of a brief guest appearance, Damian became an essential part of the show. In fact, his character became SO popular that Damian's role was revived several times after Paolo had left the show in 1997, 2001, and 2006.
He began working extensively on the New York stage, receiving critical acclaim for lead roles in Equus and the self-directed, Whose Life Is It Anyway?
After tv guest appearances in The Nanny, Nash Bridges, and ER, he made his film debut in Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You, followed by LA Confidential. He then starred in the independent film Still Breathing opposite Brendan Fraser, followed by Tea With Mussolini alongside Cher, Judi Dench, and Joan Plowright. He was given the lead of Paramount's sensational action series Largo Winch, the French dark comedy L'American and the lead in White Iris.
Paolo Seganti Fun Facts
- At age 20, he married a Canadian woman, mostly to get his working papers, and divorced her after two-and-a-half years.
- Most of his work as a Formula One racecar driver in Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You ended up on the cutting room floor. "I am in the film for one second," he told Digest in 2001. "I'm like a bona fide extra."
- His pre-fame jobs included working aboard a ship, driving tractors, and gas station attendant.
- During a mandatory stint in the Italian marines, he won the Italian championship for rowing.
- Is fluent in Italian, French, and English.
- He married actress Carlotta Chang in 2001 and has three children: Stella, born in 1999; Marcello, born in 2001 and Maddalena, born in 2005.
10. Gary Dourdan
Gary was born December 11th, 1966, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as Gary Robert Durdin. He’s the second youngest of five children born to Sandy, a teacher and fashion designer, and Robert Durdin, an entrepreneur and agent for jazz musicians. At the age of 9, his 23-year old brother Darryl was murdered by being pushed off a balcony when he was in Haiti to investigate their French ancestors; the case is still unsolved.
The family moved to Willingboro, New Jersey, when he was in his youth, where he ended up in a young gang, using and abusing alcohol and drugs. When he realized most of the people he knew had either died or ended up in jail, he moved to New York City, where he worked as a doorman at a rehearsal studio and met some of Manhattan's promising young artists.
The 6'2" (1.89m) Gary got his first break when Debbie Allen saw him walking down a Paris street with his wife-to-be Roshumba Williams; the two were married from 1992 to 1994. Allen cast him as Shazza Zulu on A Different World (a spinoff of The Cosby Show), in which he played the perennial college student with an affinity for jive-talking young college women. He had a recurring role on the Showtime series Soul Food until he nabbed the part of Warrick Brown on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. He also starred in the 1997 film Alien Resurrection alongside Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, and Ron Perlman.
Dourdan's most popular role began as a cast member of the original CSI series, which aired on October 6th, 2000. He played analyst Warrick Brown who has a dark past checkered with gambling and addictions. By working in Las Vegas, the character is able to use his personal experiences with gambling to help him throughout his career. Ultimately, he ends up battling his demons throughout the show instead of overcoming them.
On April 29th, 2008, he was arrested in Palm Springs, California, for possession of heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, and prescription drugs. In exchange for a guilty plea, the heroin charge was dropped, and Gary completed a court-ordered, 16-week drug education program.
In 2008, during negotiation with CBS, his "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" contract was not renewed. In the Season 8 finale, Dourdan's character was shot and left dead at the end. The Season 9 premiere had Dourdan's character dying in the arms of his colleague Grissom. Many have incorrectly assumed that his 2008 arrest caused CBS to drop him from the show, but his final scenes had been shot, and his contract negotiations were concluded before his arrest.
Gary Dourdan Fun Facts
- His remarkable eye color is inherited from his mother, who is blond with clear eyes. His father is black. He has French, Irish, Scottish, African, Indian, and Jewish blood in his veins. He modeled in the 1980s and 1990s for Boss Models in New York City.
- He received the NAACP's Image Award of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his performance of Warrick Brown in 2006. He has been nominated four years in a row and won twice.
- He is an accomplished musician and plays the guitar, piano, bass, drum, and sax. His uncle played saxophone for Sister Sledge and gave Gary a saxophone when he was around 13.
- He played Janet Jackson's boyfriend in the video for her 1993 hit "Again."
- Gary has a hip-hop music group called Smoky Mirrors and is a producer, songwriter and has his own production company, Temple of Thoughts.
- Using Kolade, his African name, Gary quietly released albums in 2003 and 2004. Verses and 6/17/04 are available on iTunes.
- He married model Roshumba Williams in 1992; the couple divorced two years later.
- He has two children: a son, Lyric (2002), and a daughter, Nyla (1998). Lyric's mother is Cynthia Hadden, and Nyla's mother is Jennifer Sutton, whom Dourdan dated from 1995 to 2000.
Jasmine on January 26, 2020:
I think you should put Alex o Laughlin ,an Hugh jack man belongs on that list
EmilyOliver1 on August 02, 2016:
There are allot of hot men in showbiz, a lot are mentioned in the above post but, I prefer the list of 10 and believe me below post contains hottest men
Maggie M on September 21, 2015:
George Clooney and Jon Bon Jovi belong somewhere on that list.
FlourishAnyway from USA on September 29, 2013:
Brad Pitt is awesome, and I sure wish George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg were on this list. They are talented actors, easy on the eyes, and they get better with age.
Viva Jones from UK on May 23, 2013:
Gary Dourdan, how I miss him from CSI... definitely my favourite on this list!!
Marty on November 01, 2012:
Johnny is soooo HOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and awesome!!!!!!
Liza on April 05, 2012:
Hottest men alive..
Josh Holloway, Ron Moss (almost 60), Mathew Fox,
Fantastic bone structure which makes heads turn and keep on turning. Anybody who cannot admit to their striking, knock-out model good looks are probably not able to handle the beauty of Micheangelo's David either (including many male directors who seem to be reluctant to hire these male adonises--its not penis envy, but FACE envy. Women have had it for years and so do men!). Their flawless one in a million faces aren't for the faint of heart.
Emma Crooke on February 27, 2011:
how on earth can people think that putting hugh jackman on the list is a mistake, he's in my top 3 of hottest guys on your list, personally i think him and gary dourdan should be swapped.