Ma-re is a certified K-drama and K-pop enthusiast. She always likes to discover something new about the wide world of Korean entertainment.
Which Handsome Korean Actors Are in Their 40s and 50s?
There's a popular saying that life begins at 40. But for these Korean actors, the age of 40 is not just a beginning; it's proof of their ongoing professionalism and popularity in Korean entertainment. As fans, it's easy for us to fall in love with these handsome, sexy, attractive, and charismatic oppas. Every time they appear on screen, we can feel their charm, and we can see how their fellow actors respect them.
These men are no longer the cute, innocent-looking, baby-faced actors that we once knew. They are now the manly, hunky, and respectable sunbaes that we swoon over. Most of them have already settled down and are happily living with their families, though some of them are single. Either way, they capture our hearts with their charisma and good looks, and their acting skills just get better and better as they age.
18 Hottest K-Actors Over 40
Who among the many popular actors are already in their 40s or 50s? Check out our list of the best-looking K-actors over 40 years old!
- Date of Birth: June 7, 1970
- Marital Status: His wife is Lee Soo-jin, and they got married in 1992.
- Children: He has a pretty daughter named Cha Ye-ni who was born in 2003.
- Because he's got the looks, the height, and the confidence, Cha Seung-won started his career as a successful and in-demand fashion model in 1988.
- He is one of the most versatile Korean actors ever, proving himself talented in many roles and genres.
- City Hall as Jo Gook
- Athena: Goddess of War as Son Hyuk
- The Greatest Love as Dokko Jin
- You're All Surrounded as Seo Pan-seok
- Splendid Politics as Prince Gwanghae
- Date of Birth: August 13, 1970
- Marital Status: He is married to the popular Korean actress Lee Min-jung. They tied the knot on August 10, 2013.
- Children: His first child is a son named Lee Joon-hoo, born on March 31, 2015.
- He was the first South Korean actor to present an Oscar at the annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
- He is also a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Together with Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Byung-hun is among the first South Korean actors to imprint their hand- and footprints on the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation as Storm Shadow
- Iris as Kim Hyun-jun
- I Saw the Devil as Kim Soo-hyeon
- Masquerade as King Gwanghae/Beggar Ha-sun
- Inside Men as Ahn Sang-goo
- Date of Birth: March 23, 1971
- Kim Min-jong began his career on Korean film and television in the 1990s as a matinee idol with a gentle, serious image.
- Apart from acting, he is also popular as a solo singer.
- He gained more fans by starring in the 2012 drama A Gentleman's Dignity.
- A Gentleman's Dignity
- Athena: Goddess of War
- The Return of Iljimae
- A Man Called God
- Date of Birth: June 24, 1971
- Marital Status: He has been married to Lee Su-yon since 2004.
- Children: He and his wife have two sons.
- He was working as a photographer at an advertising agency when a talent agent from SidusHQ approached him about pursuing a career in entertainment. He refused the offer at first, but he accepted it a year later.
- His acting breakthrough came in late 2003 with the period drama Dae Jang Geum. The drama was a huge success, with high viewership ratings and surging popularity overseas, and Ji Jin-hee's portrayal received praise from viewers.
- Dae Jang Geum as Min Jeong-ho
- Spring Days as Go Eun-ho
- Dong Yi as King Sukjong
- Blood as Lee Jae-wook
- Love Fiction as Joo-ro
- Date of Birth: March 7, 1972
- Marital Status: He has been married to actress Ko So-young since 2010.
- Children: He and his wife have two children: a son and a daughter.
- He is one of the highest paid actors and celebrity endorsers in Korea.
- He has consistently topped surveys of the most bankable stars (as ranked by industry insiders).
- He likes playing baseball and is a member of the celebrity amateur baseball team "Playboys" with Lee Jong-hyuk, Hyun Bin, Kim Seung-woo, Hwang Jung-min, Ji Jin-hee, and other actors.
- Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War as Lee Jin-tae
- Friend as Lee Han Dong-su
- All About Eve as Yoon Hyung-chul
- My Way as Kim Jun-sik
- A Gentleman's Dignity as Kim Do-jin
- Date of Birth: August 29, 1972
- Marital Status: Bae Yong-jun is married to actress Park Soo-jin. They got married on July 27, 2015.
- Children: He and his wife have a child.
- As a rookie actor, he gained fame and success with his debut drama, Salut D'Amour, in 1994.
- He became even more popular when he starred in the romantic melodrama series, Winter Sonata, in 2002. In fact, he became extremely famous in Japan, gaining the nickname "Yon-sama" from his fan base.
- He later entered the restaurant business and established restaurants and cafes that capitalize on the well-being trend.
- He is one of the most-loved actors in Asia, and he looks incredibly handsome in his stylish glasses (he's one of the few Korean actors who wears them!).
- Winter Sonata as Kang Joon-sang/Lee Min-hyeong
- Salut D'Amour as Kim Young-min
- Hotelier as Shin Dong-hyuk/Frank Shin
- The Legend as Damdeok/Hwan-woong
- First Love as Sung Chan-woo
- Date of Birth: March 15, 1973
- Lee Jung-jae first found fame as a fashion model.
- With his good looks and talent, he began acting in 1994 and made his breakthrough in the 1998 film An Affair. The film was a big hit, and it was the seventh highest-grossing Korean film of 1998.
- Since 1999, he has been good friends with actor Jung Woo-sung, and together they own several businesses.
- An Affair as Woo-in
- City of the Rising Sun as Hong-ki
- Il Mare as Han Sung-hyun
- The Thieves as Popie
- The Face Reader as Prince Suyang
- Assassination as Yeom Seok-jin
- Date of Birth: March 20, 1973
- Jung Woo-sung was the first Korean UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador.
- He is one of the top actors in Korea, receiving praise from critics for his versatile acting and performances in a wide range of genres: melodrama, action, romance, and more.
- Because of his good looks, tall build, and lean body, he first became a fashion model before shifting into acting.
- He is good friends with actor Lee Jung-jae. In May 2016, they established and became CEOs of their entertainment label called the Artist Company.
- A Moment to Remember as Cheol-su
- Athena: Goddess of War as Lee Jung-woo
- Padam Padam as Yang Kang-chil
- City of the Rising Sun as Do-chul
- The King as Han Kang-sik
- Date of Birth: August 11, 1974
- His real name is Park Jin-tae. He borrowed his manager's name for his stage name.
- He starred in the 2003 boxing drama Punch with Shin Min-ah.
- In 2006, he was in the hugely popular romantic comedy film 200 Pounds Beauty.
- His performance as a homosexual king in the 2008 movie A Frozen Flower earned him his first Best Actor trophy at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- 200 Pounds Beauty as Han Sang-jun
- A Frozen Flower as the King
- Fashion 70's as Kim Dong-young
- Empress Ki as Wang Yoo
- Woman with a Suitcase as Ham Bok-geo
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1975
- Marital Status: After dating for seven years, he married Jeon Hye-jin on May 23, 2009.
- Children: He and his wife have two sons.
- He is known for his gentle, kind, and sweet oppa image on the screen, but he shook off that image when he starred as a stone-hearted chef in the drama Pasta.
- He continues to collaborate with auteur Hong Sang-soo.
- White Tower as Choi Do-young
- The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince as Choi Han-sung
- Pasta as Choi Hyun-wook
- Golden Time as Lee Min-woo
- My Wife's Having an Affair This Week
- Date of Birth: April 13, 1976
- Marital Status: He married Korean actress and model Kim Hyo-jin. They are known as one of the sweetest couples in the entertainment industry. The couple were married on December 2, 2011.
- Children: He and his wife's first child was born in 2014.
- He started out as a fashion model because of his handsome face, but his incredible acting talent eventually led to a career as an actor.
- In 2012, he directed his first feature film, Mai Ratima, which was based on a synopsis he wrote in college.
- Hwang Jin-yi
- Libera Me
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1975
- Marital Status: He married Eun Bo-ah on April 12, 2014.
- Children: He and his wife welcomed their first daughter, Oh Seo-heun, on December 30, 2015.
- He started out as a commercial model, then made his acting debut in the film Kka in 1998.
- He is known for his height, his handsome face, and the attractive dimples that show when he smiles.
- The Slave Hunters as Song Tae-ha
- My Fair Lady as Mo Hwi-chul
- The Grand Heist as Baek Dong-soo
- The 3rd Hospital as Kim Seung-hyun
- Love Clinic as Wang Seong-ki
- Date of Birth: August 5, 1976
- Marital Status: He married former Miss Korea Son Tae-young on September 28, 2008.
- Children: He and his wife have two kids.
- Kwon Sang-woo is often used as an example to explain the slang term momzzang, which means "great body."
- His role in the heart-wrenching drama Stairway to Heaven helped him surge in popularity in Korea, as well as overseas.
- Stairway to Heaven as Cha Song-joo
- Cinderella Man as Oh Dae-san/Lee Joon-hee
- My Tutor Friend as Kim Ji-hoon
- Medical Top Team as Park Tae-shin
- Temptation as Cha Seok-hoon
- Date of Birth: October 5, 1976
- Song Seung-heon began his career in 1995 as a model for the jeans brand STORM.
- He began to gain fame from his role on the popular sitcom Three Guys, Three Girls in 1996.
- He took on a tough-guy image, playing an aggressive and masculine role in the 2008 drama East of Eden, for which he won the Daesang (Grand Prize) at the MBC Drama Awards.
- In 2009, he founded his own management agency, Storm S Company. He also owns the Sinsa-dong branch of the Italian restaurant chain Blacksmith, launched by Caffe Bene.
- Autumn in My Heart as Yoon Joon-seo
- Summer Scent as Yoo Min-woo
- East of Eden as Lee Dong-chul
- A Better Tomorrow as Lee Young-choon
- Fate as Kim Woo-min
- Date of Birth: December 20, 1976
- Marital Status: He married his longtime girlfriend, Kim Yeo-jin, on June 2, 2008. The couple had been together since 2002.
- Children: He and his wife have two sons and one daughter.
- He has practiced Jeet Kune Do for more than 10 years.
- He is also a former professional Taekwondo athlete.
- The Slave Hunters as Lee Dae-gil
- Deep Rooted Tree as Kang Chae-yoon/Ddol-bok
- Iris II as Jung Yoo-gun
- Fated to Love You as Lee Gun
- Windstruck as Go Myung-woo
- Date of Birth: February 27, 1977
- Marital Status: He is married to popular Korean actress Lee Bo-young. He met her on the set of the 2004 TV series Save the Last Dance for Me, and they confirmed their relationship in 2007.
- Children: He and his wife have one child, Kwak Ji-yoo, who was born in 2015.
- His real name is Kwak Tae-geun.
- He is often paired with the actress Hwang Jung-eum. They both starred in Secret Love and Kill Me, Heal Me.
- Save the Last Dance for Me as Kang Hyun-woo
- Secret Love as Jo Min-hyuk
- Kill Me, Heal Me as Cha Do-hyun, Shin Se-gi, Perry Park, Ahn Yo-na, Ahn Yo-seob, Nana, and Mr. X
- Entertainer as Shin Suk-Ho
- Defendant as Park Jung-woo
- Date of Birth: November 4, 1977
- Apart from acting, So Ji-sub is also known as a rapper, and he has released several hip-hop EPs.
- After his hit drama Master's Sun in 2013, he switched from his usual melodramatic roles and appeared in a romantic comedy.
- He trained to become a professional swimmer for 11 years and won the bronze medal at the Korean National Games.
- He tried out modeling simply because he wanted to pose alongside hip-hop artist Kim Sung-jae.
- Master's Sun as Joo Joong-won
- Cain and Abel as Lee Cho-in/Oh Kang-ho
- I'm Sorry, I Love You as Cha Moo-hyuk
- What Happened in Bali as Kang In-wook
- Thousand Years of Love as General Guishil Ari/Kang In-chul
- Date of Birth: November 10, 1977
- Marital Status: He married the popular Korean actress Lee Na-young on May 30, 2015, in a small, private ceremony in his hometown.
- His real name is Kim Do-jin.
- His popularity began to grow after he starred in the television drama Autumn in My Heart in 2000.
- Autumn in My Heart as Han Tae-suk
- Taegukgi as Lee Jin-seok
- My Brother as Jong-hyun
- Mother as Do-joon
- The Man from Nowhere as Cha Tae-sik
Aly on September 23, 2019:
Kim Tae Woo (actor)
thumperpet on February 28, 2018:
it's harder to vote in the page of korean actors over 40s...my g..there's a lot of attractive men in 40s..waaaah
Nathalia Avila on January 16, 2018:
you forgot to put Park Hyung-Sik