I have a B.A. in History and Creative Writing and an M.A. in History. I enjoy politics, movies, television, poker, video games, and trivia.
Beautiful Hollywood Actresses
Who are the hottest, sexiest, and most beautiful female television actresses in television history?
As with any list of beautiful actresses, it's entirely subjective. One's idea of sexy is always going to differ from another person's. However, for my money, these five actresses should be at the top of any list. If they're not, well then, you're just wrong.
Hottest Five TV Women Quick List
- Emmanuelle Chriqui
- Dawn Wells
- Farrah Fawcett
- Jeri Ryan
- Diana Rigg
1. Emmanuelle Chriqui
This is primarily a personal selection as Chiriqui isn't as well known as the other actresses on this list. However, she did play the role of Sloan, E's off-and-on girlfriend on HBO's Entourage for eight seasons, so she's not unknown either.
As far as I'm concerned, Chiriqui might be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. It doesn't seem to matter what she's doing or what she's wearing; she always looks absolutely stunning.
Her last name is pronounced "shrieky."
- Detroit Rock City (1999)
- Snow Day (2000)
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)
- The Mentalist (2012-2013)
Emmanuelle Chirqui Interesting Facts
- She speaks both French and English.
- Her parents were Jewish immigrants from Morocco.
- She appeared in a McDonald's commercial at the age of 10.
2. Dawn Wells
Well, I guess when it comes down to the age-old argument: "Ginger or Mary-Ann," you know which side I fall on. Dawn Wells was undoubtedly the poster girl for the former on Gilligan's Island. And let's face it, the whole "girl-next-door" innocence thing Wells had going on just multiplied her hotness.
- Bonanza (two episodes)
- The Love Boat & Fantasy Island (1980-81)
- ALF (1987)
Dawn Wells Interesting Facts
- She won Miss Nevada in 1959.
- Her clothing company, Wishing Wells, makes clothes for people with disabilities.
- She never liked Tina Louise, who played Ginger. She has refused many requests over the years to appear with Louise for this reason.
- Wells is the only actor among the original cast members to profit from residuals. She had it written in her original contract that she would get them if the show went into syndication.
- Margot Kidder beat her out for the role of Louis Lane in Superman.
Read More From Reelrundown
3. Farrah Fawcett
What teenage boy in the 1970s didn't have a Farrah Fawcett poster on his wall? (Now, what they did with that poster shall remain unspoken. Personally, I was too young to do anything other than admire it.)
After Fawcett quit doing Charlie's Angels, the program did everything it could to replace her with another blonde bombshell. While Cheryl Ladd was okay, nobody ever did for that program what Fawcett did.
- The Six Million Dollar Man (1974-76)
- Logan's Run (1976)
- Saturn 3 (1980)
- The Cannonball Run (1981)
- The Burning Bed (1984)
- Extremities (1986)
- Dr. T and the Women (2000)
- Spin City (2001)
Farrah Fawcett Interesting Facts
- Despite her bizarre appearance on David Letterman, she claimed she never used drugs.
- She originally was a Microbiology major in college.
- She appeared as a contestant on The Dating Game (1965)
- She died on the same day as Michael Jackson: June 25, 2009
- She had unusually large nipples, which helped the popularity of her famous poster. However, it was also the cause for concern from the censors during Charlie's Angels. They used the term "nipple protrusion" to complain about some of her wardrobes.
4. Jeri Ryan
Much like Chiriqui, Jeri Ryan isn't an obvious name to be on this list, but I don't care. I was a Star Trek fan and a Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, and so on. Okay, so perhaps the various iterations got old, but there was no doubt that when Seven of Nine came on the scene in Star Trek: Voyager, all eyes were on her.
Ryan was super hot, part cyborg, smart, smart, smart. Obviously, you're brilliant when you're part computer, which made her extra hot.
- Matlock (1993)
- Dark Skies (1997)
- Boston Public (2004)
- The O.C. (2005)
- Body of Proof (2013)
Jeri Ryan Interesting Facts
- Her full name is Jeri Lynn Zimmerman, and she was born in Munich, West Germany.
- She was voted Miss Illinois in 1989.
- She was a National Merit Scholar who graduated from Northwestern.
- She won the swimsuit competition in the 1990 Miss America pageant.
5. Diana Rigg
So, Rigg is a bit before my time, yet it's hard not to look at one picture of her and instantly put her on this list.
Apparently, TV Guide agrees because she was voted #1 on their list of the sexiest female television stars of all time. If Rigg had done nothing but The Avengers and her turn as a Bond girl in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (one of the more underrated Bond films, incidentally), she'd still be awfully high on this list.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (1968)
- Julius Caesar (1970)
- The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
- Snow White (1987)
- Extras (2006)
- Game of Thrones (2013)
Diana Rigg Interesting Facts
- She speaks Hindi because she lived in India until she was 8.
- She was the first major actor to appear nude on stage in the production of Abelard and Heloise in 1970.
- She gave up smoking in 2010 at the age of 72, after smoking since she was 18.
- She was the only Dame to have acted in Doctor Who.
Alex Finn on February 26, 2014:
I agree with choosing Farrah Fawcett, but I could list many other women I'd put above the other four. If you were unaware of the characters they played and just went on appearance and camera presence, I'd be suggesting the likes of Cybill Shepherd in Moonlighting and at least one of the girls from Friends. The stars are sexy - irrespective of whether the characters they play are written to be sexy or not.
Richard de Mey from Scottsdale, Arizona on February 25, 2014:
We all have different taste in women. Some of my favorites are Jessica Alba, Christina Applegate, Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman.
Allen Donald (author) from Colorado on February 25, 2014:
Thanks for the comments! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm kind of a narrow-minded white guy sometimes, so wasn't thinking as broadly as I should. Eartha Kitt probably isn't on my radar, but I gotta tell you, Janet Jackson on different strokes was as cute as they come. However, I'm not sure declaring her sexy with that reference would be seen as decent. :)
Janis Leslie Evans from Washington, DC on February 24, 2014:
Hey crankalicious, you're gonna need to do Part II so you can add all of the Catwomen of TV: Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriweather, and of course the forever hot Julie Newmar. Oh and you can't leave out Wonder Woman Lynda Carter. Farah Fawcett was your best choice. Keep up the good work. I smell another fantastic hub coming from you.
Allen Donald (author) from Colorado on February 24, 2014:
Thanks for the comments! Interesting that most of the comments I've received on this article and the one I did on female movies stars has mostly been from women.
Doris James MizBejabbers from Beautiful South on February 24, 2014:
Interesting opinions you have here, and we have to consider that they are coming from a man. I never cared for Gilligan’s Island, but I did think that Mary Ann was pretty. Everybody loved Farah Faucett, including us women. We tried to emulate her beautiful hair, but it just made me look top heavy. I didn’t have the height to pull it off. I loved Jeri Ryyan as Seven of Nine, and I still like her in other roles. I saw her recently in a new role, but I forgot which show it was. I enjoyed seeing her again. In the 60s, I thought Emma Peel was the most gorgeous woman on TV, so I have to agree with you about Diana Rigg. Hey, I guess I have to agree with you, some women just got it! I loved your photos. Voted you up++