The 5 Sexiest Men in Movie History
Obviously, it's no small task to pick the hottest men ever to grace the silver screen. There are so many totally hot actors who've been in movies, it's impossible to pick just five, but I did. To make things just a bit titillating, I included some information about nudity. Much to my dismay, men are naked in movies much less than women, but fortunately, a few of my picks have actually shown some skin. You may disagree with the sexiness of my picks, but you can't disagree that they are some of the hottest men around.
Who can argue with Cary Grant sitting atop this list? He's generally considered among the biggest movies stars of all-time and part of that is because he's also one of the best looking. Cary Grant was the man every man wanted to be during the height of his fame. James Bond was partially based on Grant. What more needs to be said? Grant was one of the most handsome, most attractive actors in history.
Cary Grant Interesting Facts
- Real name was Archibald Leach
- The James Bond character was partially modeled after him.
- When told by a reporter that "everyone would like to be Cary Grant", his reply was "so would I."
- Retired in 1966 and never worked again in film.
- Dropped out of school at the age of 14.
- Cited Sophia Loren as the great love of his life, but she rejected him in favor of Carlo Ponti.
- Accepted the Oscar for Best Actress in 1957 for Ingrid Bergman who wasn't present at the ceremony.
- Big baseball fan.
- Said "Indiscreet" (1958) to be his personal favorite film.
- Never played a villain.
Cary Grant Selected Filmography
Gunga Din (1939)
His Girl Friday (1940)
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
To Catch a Thief (1955)
North by Northwest (1959)
Has Cary Grant Ever Been Naked in Any of His Movies?
Sadly, no. But if you search the web, you can find many pictures of Cary Grant in just a towel, which is pretty hot. Just do a search on "Cary Grant" and "towel". He's almost naked.
Who's the Hottest (in his time)?
George Clooney is pretty much the Cary Grant of our time. So nobody can argue with Clooney as one of the five hottest actors of all-time, right? Plus, he's just a nice guy with a good sense of humor. One great quality about Clooney is that he's self-deprecating and not afraid to be the butt of a joke. That makes him even sexier. Clooney seems to be getting better looking with age.
George Clooney Selected Filmography
Out of Sight (1998)
Three Kings (1999)
O Brother Where Art Thou? (2000)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Good Night and Good Luck (2005)
The American (2010)
The Descendants (2011)
George Clooney Interesting Facts
- Cousins with Miguel Ferrer. His uncle is Jose Ferrer.
- Tried out for a position with the Cincinnati Reds.
- Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman bet him $10,000 each that he would be a father before the age of 40. They both lost.
- Appeared in both E/R (1984) and ER (1994)
- Suffers from bleeding stomach ulcers according to interviews.
- Loves beer.
- His favorite song is "Destination Moon" by Dinah Washington.
- Has been friends with Sandra Bullock for about 25 years.
Has George Clooney Ever Been Naked in Any of His Movies?
Yes, yes, yes! You get to see his naked butt in the movie "Solaris", which is a long, boring movie that's totally worth watching just for the brief glimpse of George's butt.
You simply cannot watch "Lawrence of Arabia" and believe that Peter O'Toole wasn't, at one time, the most beautiful human being on the planet. Although O'Toole was a heavy drinker, the stomach problems that nearly derailed his career in the 1970s were due to stomach cancer. Truly, and amazing talent and an incredibly sexy man. He had a simply beautiful face.
Peter O'Toole Selected Filmography
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
The Lion in Winter (1968)
The Stunt Man (1980)
My Favorite Year (1982)
Peter O'Toole Interesting Facts
- Attended a Catholic school where he was beaten by nuns for being left-handed.
- Coached Cricket professionally in London.
- Has more nominations without winning a Best Actor Academy Award than any other actor. He was nominated eight times.
- His original date of birth was not recorded.
- Won the role in "Lawrence of Arabia" after it was turned down by Marlon Brando and Albert Finney.
Has Peter O'Toole Ever Been Naked in Any of His Movies?
Nope. Not that I can find. But fortunately, you can just watch "Lawrence of Arabia" because he might be the most beautiful man of all-time in that film and whether he has clothes on or not seems irrelevant.
Generally considered to be the sexiest man on the planet, he's also friends with George Clooney, who many think is the sexiest man on the planet.
Can you imagine the sexy atmosphere when the two of them are in the same room together? That's crazy. That's a room full of sexiness. I think Julia Roberts has been in that room. I think it might have broke her.
Brad Pitt Selected Filmography
Thelma & Louise (1991)
A River Runs Through It (1992)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Fight Club (1999)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
Inglorious Basterds (2009)
World War Z (2013)
Brad Pitt Interesting Facts
- Cannot enter China due to his role in "Seven Years in Tibet" (1997).
- Bought Elvira's mansion in Southern California.
- Journalism major in college.
- Has capped teeth.
- Auditioned for the role of J.D. in the cult classic "Heathers".
- First man ever to be named "Sexiest Man" twice by People Magazine.
- Has appeared in three movies with the number seven in the title and three movies with the number twelve in the title.
- Donated five million dollars of his own money to help rebuild homes in Katrina-ravaged New Orleans.
Has Brad Pitt Ever Been Naked in Any of His Movies?
OMG!! YES!! You get to see his bare butt in "Troy". He also has sex scenes in "Legends of the Fall", "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", "Meet Joe Black", "Thelma and Louise" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".
I think more so than the other totally hot men on this list, Ewan McGregor takes more risks with his roles. He's played the iconic Obi-Wan Kenobi and then showed his man parts in "The Pillow Book". How much more risky does it get than that!! (of course, "The Pillow Book" was released before the "Star Wars" prequels, so who knows if George Lucas would have let him do that after) The risk makes him ultra-hot. I know he might be the most unlikely man on this list, but I think he's very deserving. He's very handsome, very good looking, very hot.
Ewan McGregor Selected Filmography
Shallow Grave (1994)
The Pillow Book (1996)
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
Moulin Rouge! (2001)
I Love You Phillip Morris (2009)
Ewan McGregor Interesting Facts
- Used to be roommates with Jude Law.
- His uncle is actor Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original "Star Wars".
- Took a motorcycle trip around the world in 2004.
- Had two moles removed. The one near his right eye was cancerous.
- Quit drinking alcohol in November of 2000.
Has Ewan McGregor Ever Been Naked in Any of His Movies?
Has Ewan McGregor ever been naked in one of his films? Are you kidding? McGregor appears to have few qualms about nudity and gave us the full monty in "The Pillow Book". He's my hero.