Top 20 Most Handsome, Hottest, and Talented Japanese Actors
20. Toma Ikuta
- Born on October 7, 1984 in Muroran, Hokkaido, Japan.
- His biggest break in Japanese entertainment is playing the role of Shuichi Nakatsu in the Japanese drama Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hana Kimi).
- He rise to fame brought about another project; this time a double-lead with Arashi's leader, Satoshi Ohno, in the Japanese adaptation of the Korean drama Mawang.
- He is also part of the drama Hana Yori Dango Returns.
- His ideal dream date is to drive at night to a hilltop with his girlfriend and see a view of the city from there.
- He admitted that he once dreamt of the Kanou Sisters and their big boobs. Hahahaha.
- According to him, his best asset is his ass and he even showed it off to Hina and Yoko.
- Toma is a very sensitive person, and he cried during the movie I Am Sam.
- Toma and Yamapi are best friends.
- Toma love to read manga like One Piece.
- He is a big fan of rock music. He often listens to Metallica, Guns N' Roses, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- He and Shun Oguri had to kiss 12 times for the drama Hanazakari No Kimitachi E. Oguri said that Toma's lips were very soft and it was actually the first time he encountered such lips.
- He is a huge fan of Backstreet Boys. He even begged Music Station’s staff to let him in the studio to watch Backstreet Boys rehearse.
- He was confirmed to be the male lead role for the live-action adaptation of Bokura Ga Ita in which he will play Yano and have a relationship with Yoshitaka Yuriko (Nanami Takahashi.)
19. Koji Seto
- Born May 18, 1988 in Kama, Fukuoka, Japan.
- His nickname is Setomaru and he is a member of the acting group D-Boys.
- The first time he confessed his feelings and went out with a girl was when he was in middle school.
- He likes a girl who is fair and innocent.
- His childhood dream was to become a vet.
- He is the only actor to appear in Ju-On and The Ring, two of Japan's most famous horror movie series.
- Has two younger sisters, Saori and Arissa.
- In 2010, he was named one of the most promising actors and actresses, placing 7th in a poll conducted by Oricon.
- Seto's official D-Boys logo is a chameleon, in reference to his versatility.
18. Hiro Mizushima
- Born April 13, 1984
- Popular works include Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Zettai Kareshi, Kamen Rider Kabuto, and Black Butler.
- Besides being an actor, he is also a producer, writer, and creative director.
- His birth name, Tomohiro Saito, is being credited as co-producer in his films.
- His first novel, Kagerou, was chosen as the winner of the 5th Poplar Publishing Grand Prize for Fiction and was published in 2010.
- He serves as the co-screenwriter and co-producer of his movie Black Butler.
- He is fluent in both English and Japanese.
- He first appeared on the television drama Gokusen in 2005, where he played Hiro Misawa. In the same year, he found guest starring roles in dramas such as Ame to Yume no Ato ni and a small role in the TBS drama Brother Beat.
17. Ryo Nishikido
- Born November 3, 1984.
- Popular works include Teru Teru Kazoku, Ryusei no Kizuna, Orthros no Inu, and Last Friends.
- Aside from acting, he is also a singer and songwriter.
- He is a member of the boy band Kanjani Eight and was also a member of the male idol group NEWS, both of which are under the management of Johnny & Associates.
- His image color in Kanjani Eight is yellow, while his image color in NEWS was blue.
- He first film appearance was playing the lead role in Chonmage Pudding, released in the summer of 2010.
16. Mokomichi Hayami
- Born August 10, 1984
- He is also a model.
- He debuted in 2002 with the television series You're Under Arrest, and came to fame with Gokusen 2 in 2005.
- He has also acted in shows like Densha Otoko, Tokyo Tower (as Nakagawa Masaya), and Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend, as Night Tenjo.)
- Hayami has appeared on TV commercials for Daihatsu Tanto, Bourbon Petit, and au by KDDI.
- He is also the spokesperson for the brand Edwin. He is known for his cooking skills and has published several cookbooks.
- He is of mixed Filipino and Japanese descent.
15. Kento Yamazaki
- Born on September 7, 1994 in Tokyo, Japan.
- He started showbiz in the year 2009 and is under the Japanese talent Agency Stardust Promotion.
- He starred in Clone Baby which aired in 2010.
- He also starred in Suikyu Yankees.
- He was recruited when he was in his third year of junior high school, worked as a model, and debuted as an actor in 2010 in the drama Atami no Sousakan. He played a mysterious high school student.
14. Ryosuke Yamada
- Born on May 9, 1993 in Tokyo, Japan.
- He began working as a backup dancer for Tackey &Tsubasa, NEWS, Kanjani8, and KAT-TUN and appeared regularly onThe Shounen Club in autumn 2004.
- He was selected to be one of the main backup dancers for a temporary two-man group, Shuji and Akira. This was the first time he danced in the front row, making this a turning point for his career.
- In April 2007, he was selected to be a member of a temporary boy band, Hey! Say! 7. He released his first CD on August 1, 2007 with the #1 single Hey!Say!
- He came to prominence as a teen idol in 2007 following his role in the Japanese television series Tantei Gakuen Q.
- He became the first teenage male artist in 33 years to have a number one debut single as well as being one of the only two artists in history to achieve this milestone.
13. Masaki Okada
- Born on August 15, 1989 in Tokyo, Japan.
- He is best known for his roles as Sekime Kyogo in the drama Hanazakari no Kimitachi and as Takuma Kakinouchi in the 2009 film I Give My First Love To You.
12. Osamu Mukai
- Born on February 7, 1982 in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan.
- He graduated from Meiji University and majored in genetic engineering.
- He received the Best Poster Award at the International Zoological Genetics Conference in 2004.
- While he was attending university, he worked as a bartender.
- He became a full-time employee of the bar after graduation, and he became a manager later.
- While working as a bartender, he got into the magazine Tokyo Graffiti.
- A reader later recruited him to be an actor. Now he works for Hori agency as an actor.
11. Sho Sakurai
- Born January 25, 1982
- Popular works include Honey and Clover, Yatterman, and Kamisama no Karute 2.
- Sho Sakurai is also an idol singer, songwriter, newscaster, TV host, and former radio host. He is a member of Japanese boy band Arashi
- At the age of 13, he joined Johnny and Associates in 1995.
- Sho Sakurai is the designated rapper of Arashi.
- After 7 years of being a member of Arashi, he became a newscaster in 2006 appearing in the news program News Zero every Monday.
- He was appointed the official newscaster for coverage of the Olympic games in Beijing on NTV in 2008.
Let's hear your opinions by answering the poll below!
Who is your Most Handsome, Hottest and Talented Japanese Actor?
10. Takahiro Nishijima
- Born September 30, 1986.
- He is also known as Nissy.
- He is also a singer, dancer, and member of the popular J-Pop band AAA (Attack All Around) since their debut in September 2005.
- He was a stage dancer for the famous Ami Suzuki's live performances and PVs.
- His hobbies are fishing, singing, acting, and dancing. He plays the guitar and is the Hokkaidō société NTT Docomo mascot.
- He really hates cucumbers.
9. Teppei Koike
- Born on January 5, 1986 in Osaka, Japan.
- His name Teppei came from his father's favourite manga, Ore wa Teppei.
- A member of the singer-songwriter duo Wat with his partner, Eiji Wentz.
- In 2002, he debuted as an actor in the drama Tentai Kansoku.
- Acted in the drama Gokusen 2, which helped in increasing his popularity.
- Appeared as Hideki Ogata, a major character, in the TBS television drama Dragon Zakura (July - September 2005.) He appeared alongside his high school buddy Tomohisa Yamashita.
8. Takuya Kimura
- Born November 13, 1972
- Popular works include Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, Tsuki no Koibito, and Hero 2.
- He is also a singer.
- He is a member of the Japanese idol group SMAP.
- Most of the TV dramas he starred in produced high ratings in Japan. He has become one of the most well-known and successful actors, singers, and entertainers in Japan and Asia.
- He won the Ishihara Yujiro New Artist Award for his performance in his film debut Shoot!.
- He has been chosen as Japan's most popular guy for 14 years in succession.
- He appeared in Space Battleship Yamato, which released on December 1, 2010. This was the franchise's first live-action film and was directed by Takashi Yamazaki.
7. Hideaki Takizawa
- Born March 29, 1982
- Popular works include Romeo and Juliet, Yukinojo Henge, Kokuchisezu, Orthros no Inu, Akutou, and Mayonaka no Panya San.
- In 2002, when he reached the age of 20, he debuted with Tsubasa Imai in the group Tackey & Tsubasa under the record label Avex Trax. That same year, he graduated from the group Johnny's Junior. Tackey & Tsubasa have released many popular singles such as Ho! Summer and Venus.
- He gained fame as an actor after starring in Japanese dramas such as Majo no Jōken and Strawberry on the Shortcake.
6. Takeru Satoh
- Born March 21, 1989
- Popular works include Kamen Rider Den-O and Rurouni Kenshin.
- His first drama appearance was in Princess Princess D where he appeared as Toru Kouno.
- In 2007, he appeared in Shinigami no Ballad as a guest and gained popularity in the 17th installment of the Kamen Rider series. He claims that Den-O became popular because of its comedic timing.
- Takeru Satoh has a blog where he has talked about the stress and loneliness he sometimes feels as being the star of a television show.
- His hobbies include playing with his pet cats, b-boying and Rubik's Cube.
- On June 18, 2011, he decided not to update his blog anymore because he felt it was a burden. He began to use an official website.
5. Mamoru Miyano
- Born June 8, 1983 in Saitama Prefecture
- He is also a voice actor and singer.
- He is best known for his roles in Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Death Note, Soul Eater, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kōtetsu Sangokushi, Steins;Gate, Nobunaga the Fool, and Uta no Prince-sama.
- He was nominated twice at the 2007 Seiyu Awards for his role as Light Yagami in Death Note. He won the Best Voice Actor award at the 2008 Tokyo International Anime Fair.
- At the 2008 Seiyu Awards, Miyano won Best Lead Actor Award for his role as Setsuna F Seiei in Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and as Hakugen Rikuson in Kōtetsu Sangokushi.
- His first acting job was in 1992 in Tokusou Exceedraft, where he appeared in a flashback as a child in a yakuza member's past.
4. Jun Matsumoto
- Born on August 23, 1983 in Toshima, Tokyo, Japan.
- He joined Johnny & Associates in 1996 and started acting in the role of Teddy Duchamp for a stage production of the film Stand By Me.
- He is one of the few talents that got into Johnny’s without an audition.
- Out of all the members of the agency, he is the most directly involved with planning concerts.
- He is a fan of Harry Potter.
- Jun prefers a really private life, even when it comes to saying what the color of his curtains are. He’ll usually say, “normal curtains.”
- When writing text messages or e-mails, Jun typically includes emoticons and other symbols to give them a cutesy flair.
- He is good friends with his high school classmates, namely Shichinosuke Nakamura (Kabuki Actor) and Ryuhei Matsuda.
- He is the first Japanese male to make it to the cover of the Japanese Marie Claire magazine. The only guys to grace its cover in its 24 year history have all been foreign superstars such as David Beckham.
3. Kenichi Matsuyama
- Born on March 5, 1985.
- His parents named him Kenichi as they hoped that he would have a passion to discover.
- He has starred as L in the films Death Note and L: Change the World. He won a 2010 Nikkan Sports Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Norwegian Wood.
- He made his acting debut in 2002 on an episode of Gokusen.
- He was cast to play the lead character, Toru Watanabe, in the movie adaptation of Haruki Murakami's novel Norwegian Wood, which was released in December 2010.
- Many people call him the Japanese Johnny Depp.
- He married actress Koyuki Kato on April 1, 2011. The couple welcomed their first son in 2012.
2. Yamashita Tomohisa
- Born on April 9, 1985 in Funabashi, Chiba, Japan.
- He joined the Japanese talent agency Johnny & Associates as a trainee in 1996 and made his acting debut in NHK's Shonentachi in 1998.
- A former member of Johnny's Jr., the "idol in training" department of the prestigious boy band/idol agency in Japan. He became a "junior" at age 11, and is still part of Johnny's Entertainment.
- Made his solo debut in 2006, singing the song Daite señorita, while his band News is taking a break.
- Has starred in two television series with Maki Horikita.
- Changed his name from Tomohisa Aoki to Tomohisa Yamashita when his father left the family.
- His nickname is Yamapi (Yamashita + pink, also stylised as ‘YamaP’.) This most popular nickname was given to him by Takizawa Hideaki because he was often put into pink costumes!
- He starred in Nobota wo produce and Buzzer Beat.
1. Jin Akanishi
DOB: July 4, 1984
- Born July 4, 1984.
- He is also a musician, singer-songwriter, voice actor, and former radio host.
- Jin Akanishi is a former member of the J-pop boy band KAT-TUN and was one of the two lead vocalists. Since the group's debut in 2006, it has achieved 14 consecutive number ones (including studio albums) on the Oricon charts.
- He has roles in the movies 47 Ronin and Bandage as well as in shows such as the second season of popular NTV school drama Gokusen 2, Yukan Club, and the romantic comedy Anego.
- He was also a co-host of KAT-TUN's own variety show Cartoon KAT-TUN and used to host a radio program called KAT-TUN Style with ex-bandmate Junnosuke Taguchi from October 2007 to March 2008.
- He made his debut as an actor in 1999 in a cameo appearance in the second episode of NTV's romance comedy P.P.O.I.
- In 2013, he made his Hollywood debut in the film 47 Ronin which also had Keanu Reeves in the lead role.