Margaret Minnicks has been an online writer for many years. She writes about various topics including celebrities and entertainment.
Celebrities who Cheated
Over the years, there have been many celebrity marriages that have been in serious trouble amid alleged cheating scandals. When the men are accused of cheating on their wives, it is very unfortunate because their partners suffer.
When spouses get married, they vow from that day forward to love and to cherish each other for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, until they die. When they make that vow at the altar, they probably didn't expect they would be put to the test in those areas.
Some couples have had to endure private and public pain, embarrassment, humiliation, legal issues, and soul-searching as a result of a cheating husband.
It's bad enough when regular people have to deal with husbands who are accused of cheating. It is even worse when the husbands are public figures and legal issues are involved. The worst of all are cases are those that deal with sexual misconduct. That adds another level to an already unfortunate situation.
Below are some of the women who have stood by their husbands after they were accused of cheating.
Julie Chen and Leslie Moonves
The most recent celebrity couple who is dealing with a cheating scandal is former CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves. He stepped down on Sunday, September 9 from a 24-year-old career after allegations of misconduct that happened over 30 years ago.
The Moonves scandal is different from some of the others because he was not married to Julie Chen when the activities allegedly took place. Another big difference is that his wife of 14 years also worked for CBS as a host on two shows. Chen stepped down from the daytime talk show The Talk after nine years because of the nature of the talk show. The 48-year-old host and moderator along with Sharon Osbourne, Eve, Sara Gilbert, and Sheryl Underwood discussed women's issues, celebrity news, and other delicate subjects. That would have made it an awkward and uncomfortable environment for Chen to talk against her own 68-year-old husband who is the father of their 8-year-old son Charlie.
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Many of the women took Tammy Wynette's song literally and stood by their man. In fact, Hillary Clinton quoted the singer in her statement when she told the world that she was not going to stand by her man for the reason Wynette sang about in her top hit. She listed the reason she was standing by her man who was the President of the United States at the time of several affairs. The most famous of them all was the scandal involving Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.
Hillary Clinton later apologized to Wynette for saying what she did about the singer's lyrics. Hillary received both praise and criticism for standing by her husband. Even though the scandal happened in 1998, it still comes up from time to time. The Clintons are still married after 43 years.
Bill and Camille Cosby
Camille Cosby has stood by her celebrity husband Bill Cosby. Dozens of women accused him of assault over the years, and Bill Cosby was found guilty on April 26, 2018, of three counts of aggravated indecent assault while he was married to Camille. She has stood by her husband of 54 years and has been criticized by some people. They say she knew or should have known what was going on in her marriage.
Jay-Z and Beyoncé
Singer Jay-Z admitted that he cheated on Beyoncé, his wife of ten years. Both of them included information about cheating in their songs. Both of them agree they love each and have put the cheating behind them. They are still married and raising their three children.
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne have been married for 36 years. During those years, Ozzy has cheated on Sharon. She has left him several times over the years. However, she always returned to him, and they are still married today.
Sharon has been transparent about her cheating husband. She says he has cheated on her with six different women in different countries. He cheated on her with his hairstylist over a four-year period. Two years ago, Ozzy entered rehab for his cheating addiction. When he was released, Sharon reconciled with him, and the couple renewed their marriage vows.
Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling
Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling have had a tumultuous marriage since the beginning. McDermott confessed to having a two-day affair. Spelling decided to stand by her man. She admitted that she could move past the infidelity.
They have been married for twelve years and have five children.
Other Women Who Stood By Their Man
- David Beckham cheated on Victoria Beckham in 2004. She decided to stay with him so they could focus on their five children.
- Matthew Broderick cheated on Sarah Jessica Parker. They are still married after 21 years. They have three children.
- Carey Hart is married to singer Pink. They have been on a rollercoaster of breaking up, separating, and getting back together because of Hart's cheating. They have been married for twelve years and according to Pink, Hart is a great dad to their two children.
- Basketball player Kobe Bryant admitted to infidelity in 2003. His wife Vanessa filed for divorce but later called it off. Two years later, the couple renewed their marriage vows and recommitted to each other. According to several reports, Kobe gave Vanessa a $4 million makeup ring.
- Former host David Letterman confessed on the Late Show in 2009 that he had cheated on Regina Lasko with women who worked for him. She did not leave him after the scandal. They had been together for over 20 years but had been married for only six months at the time of Letterman's confession.
- Comedian Kevin Hart admitted that he cheated on his pregnant wife in 2017. Eniko Parrish stood by him. They have been married for two years and have a 10-month old son.
Celebrity Women Who Did Not Stand By Their Husbands
It is commendable when women forgive their husbands and live by their marriage vows. However, not all women do. Here are just a few women who left their husbands after a cheating scandal.
- Vanessa Trump did not stay with Donald Trump, Jr. after she found out he was cheating on her. Even though they had been married for twelve years and had five children, the two went their separate ways.
- Golfer Tiger Woods admitted to cheating on his wife with several women. Elin Nordegren did not stand by him. After seven years of marriage and having two children, the couple divorced in 2010.
- Maria Shriver did not stand by Arnold Schwarzenegger, her husband of 25 years after she discovered he had a son with their housekeeper in 1997.
- Actress Sandra Bullock dropped Jesse James like a hot potato after she discovered he had cheated on her with multiple women. He became the most hated man in the world at the time.
- Singer Usher and Tameka Foster were married for only two years before filing for divorce. Usher admitted in an interview with Oprah that he cheated on his wife with one of her bridesmaids.
- Real Housewife Brandi Glanville wasn't given a chance to forgive Eddie Cibrian for cheating on her. At the time of the affair, Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes were married to other people. Both of them divorced their spouses and married each other.
Margaret Minnicks (author) from Richmond, VA on September 21, 2018:
Ellison Hartley, yes, there are many celebrity women who have stood by their husbands after a cheating scandal. However, there are some who gave up on their marriage for various reasons.
Ellison Hartley from Maryland, USA on September 21, 2018:
Interesting article! I never considered how many celebrities have been through this until I read your article. I liked her on the talk, I will miss seeing her there!